• Register Today It's free!

puddle killed my ex

dino11

Reaction score
City, State
Princeton, ky
Year, Model & Trim Level
02 exploder
so a couple weeks ago i was driving, and where snow had melted in the street i had to run through a large ish puddle. i hit it at like 10 mph i mean nothing drastic. so i drove it another 5 or so mins, stopped at a stoplite and it died. wouldnt start. wouldnt try to start. so i started hunting fuses. i found a fuse under the hood that was bad and i replaced it. i forget what it was i can look it up again if need be. but i replaced it and it started. ran for a minute or 2, then same process. same blown fuse. i replaced it with anew one, still wouldnt start, untill i rocked the vehicle.
then it started.

i am assuming that water got inside of some wires and shorted/grounded them out. i drove it home and its never done it again.

i have somany factory electrical issues on my 02 its ridiculous. what good is a car if the underside of it cant get wet.:thumbdwn:

Let us know which fuse it is and what the manual says it's for and it would help alot in figuring out what's going on here

ugh i forget, i dont have my book. it was an underhood fuse. open the panel, snd there are 5 or 6 mini blue fuses in a row. it was the one closest to the windshield. in the book it listed 3 or 4 abbreviations, but idk what they were for. i asked around and had no luck.

luckily it hasnt happened but that 1 day.

thanks for the help, it was more a rant than a cry for help but i would like to see if there is a remedy, if i knew what that fuse did!

Back