wanting wheel pics! black wheels!! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

wanting wheel pics! black wheels!!

dino11

Reaction score
City, State
Princeton, ky
Year, Model & Trim Level
02 exploder
i am in the future going to put a small lift on my ex and some wheels.

i have a white ex, and i think some black/aluminum wheels would look great on it.

i would love to see the black wheels you guys are running...

i am looking into 16x10 and running 32's if they would fit... any info on that? ill search anyways

thanks!!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

number one, you should go with 15 inch rims, the tires will be cheaper and easier to find, number two, a 10 inch wide rim with 32s is totally unnecessary. i would go with an 8 inch wide rim. and number three, usually you search before you post the thread, not after lol. but good luck with everything

ohhkay. thanks... well like i said i am looking for pics of black and black/chrome wheels..

size is not a big factor yet... i always thought id go 15 but many black/chrome wheels i find 16 is the smallest size...

and okay ill search about tire fitment.. i was just looking for wheel ideas at the time. thanks

Here is a few pics of my Ex with black rims.

DSCN0978.jpg

DSCN0986.jpg

DSCN0981.jpg

nice man. i like the 'murdered' look.. black on black. and this makes me really wish i had the color coded plastic body trim... mines that nasty faded gray YUCK

I'd stick with at least 16's because 15's haven't really been known to fit. But I think someone on here did snug some one? Tylers02 is much nicer in person, pics don't do it justice;)

Also, look through the third gen picture thread, plenty of lifted Ex's to give you an idea and all you need is to picture the wheels black:D

agree'd with limited...

15's are gonna be a real tight fit tat will just clear the brake calipers or not fit at all...

sick with 16's and be safe... 16x8's look nice...

i got 15" rims on my explorer and their fine. they came stock like that

i got 15" rims on my explorer and their fine. they came stock like that

Hmmm, are you sure? I have never seen a third gen with stock 15's? Could you please post a picture of your ride so that I can see if the wheels are in fact stock wheels?

oops my bad, turns out they were 16`s

white explorer black on black wheels n tires

l_928e5ae01d644a55911a7af50d79efeb.png

l_96155e3089494b17b39184afca1fd6ad.png

Nevaabetta...

no chrome caps for your cragar's ?

sidewb.jpg

Back