Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

UPS Delivery notification - FREE

I'm a fellow Explorer owner and learn so much from these forums and thought to offer some info. This may not be appropriate for the forum but I'm sure we all order parts online and would like to know when it will be delivered. UPS has a My Choice tool that emails you whenever you have a...
  2. S

Lost drive

Just not going to be worth fixing and take chance something else goes. It's off to the junk yard this weekend. If anyone wants something off a 1999 white mercury mountaineer with tan leather interior, let me know. I'm in NJ.
  3. S

Lost drive

My 1999 mercury mountaineer lost forward drive, reverse works. I'm debating whether to just junk it or fix it. It is a SOHC 4.0 with leather interior, about 125,000 miles. Only body problem is the hood is buckled a little and the front fenders have a crease over the wheels. Advise please on...
  4. S

1999 Mountaineer, what to do

I have a 99 Mountaineer with 123,000 and I lost reverse. Forward gear still works. Don't need the car anymore, what should I do with it? I think my choices are fix it and sell it, sell it without fixing it, scrap it, part it out. Interior and exterior are fine, white V6, with tan leather interior.
  5. S

Cargo Cover

i have a tan one I'm selling along with everything else. I've been thinking about parting out my 92 X with tan interior. everything in good condition.
  6. S

92 fix or part out

I have a 92 X in good shape but the rear brakes stopped working, figured it was the ABS pump. So I got a rebuilt one from AutoZone and it leaked. I'm debating to fix it again. I don't need the X anymore, so should I fix and sell it or just part it out? what to do. It has 130,000 miles and...
  7. S

battery light when brake applied

the battery light on my 98 X comes on only when I apply the brake, any ideas?
  8. S

seat replacement 99 manual to 00 power, now problem

I have a 99 mountaineer with manual cloth seats and found a 2000 mountaineer with power leather seats. I had the seats replaced. I have 2 problems now: How do I get power to them? The bigger problem is the air bag light comes on. It is blinking 3 times then 6 times and does this 6 time...
  9. S

replacement of power window linkage

I'm looking at buying a 99 Mountaineer that has a driver side power window problem. Looks like it fell off the track one time and they tried to fix it and somehow bent the linkage that pushes the window up and down. Plus they have a piece of the linkage, a long bar, in the back seat. Not sure...
  10. S

problem replacing RABS valve

When I tried bleeding the rear brake cylinders, I wasn't getting fluid. I read and people suggested that the RABS valve rusts closed and that usually causes the problem. I removed the RABS valve and put the new one in, attaching it to the existing lines. So the line and fittings should be OK...
  11. S

problem replacing RABS valve

I haven't had rear brakes for a while and finally determined it was the RABS value located under the drivers seat connected to the frame. Had difficulty getting it off but finally did. Bought a rebuilt from autozone and installed it. Problem: the rear brake line connected to valve does...
  12. S

locking brakes

Still locking up I was out driving tonight in the rain and still locking up. The passenger front locks most often, then the driver front. Didn't feel the rear locking up at all. Replaced the front brakes and rotors. Maybe time to change the calipers? What about the master cylinder?
  13. S

locking brakes

My brakes lock up when wet. I chaned the front pads and rotors. Still locking up. Any ideas. 92 XLT stock
  14. S

starting problem, just a click, then no power

When trying to start the 93 X, turn the key to the on position, all lights work, turn to start, get a click and all power goes off. No light, radio, nothing. I replaced the battery and jumped it too but still nothing, click and all power out. Thoughts? Maybe starter solenoid?
  15. S

P1740 Torque Converter Clutch Inductive Signature Malfunction

CEL came on, brought it to Autozone and they read the code. P1740. I have a 99 X AWD with a V-8 5.0L. My research indicates that I should replace the TCC Solenoid. How do I change it and is it easy? Your help is always appreciated, any suggestions
  16. S

Parts truck

if it has tan interior I can use the driver inside door handle, not the one to unlock the door but the one to pull the door closed. Also if the seats are leather and in good condition, I may be interested in them.
  17. S

99 brake pedal makes crunching noise

My 99 XLT AWD V8 brake pedal has started to make kind of a crunching noise when I depress it. I opened the hood and it sounds like it's coming from the power brake booster (if that's what you call the big round cake that the brake master cylinder goes into). Brakes still work but I'm worried...
  18. S

Belt sqeaking on 2000 5.0

'99 XLT EB 5.0 I just listened to where it was and got lucky I guess. I used a long screwdriver and put the end on the pulley brackets and my ear on the handle. Did the same with the steering pulley. Isn't the steering pulley ribbed? I wouldn't think it would chirp. it can't slip. If it...
  19. S

Belt sqeaking on 2000 5.0

My 99 LT 5.0 just started having the same sound. I believe it is the idler pulley, which is the pulley 6 inches to the left of the power steering pulley. How you described it is EXACTLY how I would describe my noice. I'm off to Autozone for idler pulley and new belt.
  20. S

Code P0161

Sorry, this code is coming out of my 98 XLT with a V8, AWD. I believe it is the O2 sensor on the driver side after the cat. Am I right?
  21. S

Code P0161

Failed NJ inspection with a code of P0161. Can someone tell me what it is?
  22. S

Blown head gasket

I think I'm just going to find another engine and have it put in.
  23. S

Blown head gasket

Well my bright son, let the 93 X overheat. The heater hose broke and he kept on going. So now it looks like the head gasket is blown. A lot of white smoke out the exhaust. Questions: How much to have someone fix? Should I get it fixed? 120,000 miles but nothing was wrong until this. Any...
  24. S

98 chiming

I just bought a 98 v8 xlt. Everytime I open the door, with the key out, the chimes go. Like I left the key in. Is this suppose to happen.
  25. S

Legality of the VIN POST

SORRY I apologize for all the trouble I have caused. explr1 had it right, I saw a 93 for sale and was just looking for any info on it. I was able to do a search here and decipher the VIN, which gave me a little more info. The last thing I want to do is cause any harm to this site, it in...
Back