seat replacement 99 manual to 00 power, now problem | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

seat replacement 99 manual to 00 power, now problem

stevedud

Reaction score
City, State
Lincroft, NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
'92 XLT
I have a 99 mountaineer with manual cloth seats and found a 2000 mountaineer with power leather seats. I had the seats replaced.

I have 2 problems now:
How do I get power to them?

The bigger problem is the air bag light comes on. It is blinking 3 times then 6 times and does this 6 time (3 blinks, 6 blinks, 3 blinks, 6 blinks, etc). The 2000 that I got the seats from had both front air bags deployed. I've read that the yellow sensor that is under the seats could be the problem. The wires are plugged into the 2000 seat sensors, when I plug the wires into the old yellow sensors the lights goes off.

I want to make sure that the air bags will work if needed. I hope I never find out. Can someone confirm that there are different sensors for these 2 years (1999, 2000). That would put me at ease and make me feel confident they will work.

I have a 99 mountaineer with manual cloth seats and found a 2000 mountaineer with power leather seats. I had the seats replaced.

I have 2 problems now:
How do I get power to them?

The bigger problem is the air bag light comes on. It is blinking 3 times then 6 times and does this 6 time (3 blinks, 6 blinks, 3 blinks, 6 blinks, etc). The 2000 that I got the seats from had both front air bags deployed. I've read that the yellow sensor that is under the seats could be the problem. The wires are plugged into the 2000 seat sensors, when I plug the wires into the old yellow sensors the lights goes off.

I want to make sure that the air bags will work if needed. I hope I never find out. Can someone confirm that there are different sensors for these 2 years (1999, 2000). That would put me at ease and make me feel confident they will work.

I would call a dealer and see what interchanges.

Back