Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

How to: Overhead console display fix - 2nd Gen

Thanks for the write-up. Resoldered the resistors and it works great. With the console off, I'm going to replace these map lights with something a bit better. Also, the display cover is green. Anyone have any ideas for replacing that with something of a different color?
  2. M

2001 Sport New Head Unit

Great, much appreciated guys.
  3. M

2001 Sport New Head Unit

I would like to replace my old radio with something new. Choosing a unit isn't the hard part, but finding the correct way to wire it up seems to be. I don't want to open up the dash and find out it doesn't work. I had seen this part and was wondering if it would be what I would need...
  4. M

Removing face-plate from stock CD receiver

Well I'd like to turn the lights blue that's why. I've pulled the radio out without using that special tool before without damagng anything. You just need to undo the latches in the back holding it. So unscrew it and it detaches? Thank you. And thank you for the site
  5. M

Removing face-plate from stock CD receiver

Has anyone taken the face-plate off of the stock CD receiver? I would like to change the bulbs but don't want to take it apart until I know a little about it. And installing a new unit is out of my budget right now.
  6. M

What do I need to install a new Head Unit?

Hey guys, I really appreciate the help you've given me. I've just found out about some money problems in my family.. I could live without a new CD receiver and save $100-$150 right now. So all I have to ask is it possible to take the stock faceplate off and change the bulbs to LEDs? I saw (i...
  7. M

What do I need to install a new Head Unit?

Was looking around and I want to get the Sony Xplod CD receiver. What I am confused on is what additional parts am I going to need to install it? I hear about mounting brackets and wire harnesses, but I'm not sure where exactly to get those and what parts I'm going to need. And because the...
  8. M

Temperature Control Buttons

okay I'll look for some. Those won't fit but thank you for the idea. Mine looks like this: I'd like to get rid of the green when it lights up.
  9. M

Okay, thank you. I need to buy a replacement now for it. Someone thought they could help and ended up tearing the faceplate apart.. Are there any after market replacements? I can't find any..
  10. M

Got the Pieces Apart I got the black and white housing apart. The green film is more of a gel and if I scratch it, I may damage the silver cover that shows on the front. What's the best way to get rid of the green without damaging anything? Or Is there a replacement part I can put on...
  11. M

alright thanks. I'll try that when I get a chance. Just didn't want to break it..
  12. M

I took apart my dash today and took the temperature controls off. It's a white box-like with the silver front on it. What I want to do it remove the green film behind it and replace the bulbs with blue ones. The problem is I don't know how to detach the face-plate from the rest of it without...
  13. M

All you need to know about keyless entry

Hey, I just wanted to say that if your code isn't located in the rear side, then take the defroster grille off. Use a strong light to shine in a small opening above the passanger side. If you look at a horizontal angle, you'll see the code sticker. I used a putty knife to pull the grille off...
  14. M

Removing Gauge Needles

ok but where's the link lol. Maybe I'm not seeing it bc I'm not using my computer.
  15. M

Removing Gauge Needles

wow thats.... easier than i thought then
  16. M

Removing Gauge Needles

Makes sense Now out of curiousity, how are those needles held on? I don't feel like breaking them and celly said use a salad fork to remove them. Just want to know why. What keeps the needle connected to the gauges?
  17. M

Removing Gauge Needles

ah so keep everything plugged in and ignition on during the entire thing. good point, id mess that up too
  18. M

Removing Gauge Needles

okay thanks guys. I can get the speedometer right by GPS and as for gas and the others, I'll take a picture of it as Axial32 said. I know how many revs my truck goes in idle so I'll be able to get accurate number this way.
  19. M

Driver's Side Key

Okay, thanks guys. I'll get some lubricant and spray down the interior of the door panel
  20. M

Removing Gauge Needles

Okay, thank you for the help. But um.. Do I need to buy the Scangauge? I looked it up and I don't have the money for that. It does say something about Autozone though. Is there a service they have there where one can be used?
  21. M

Removing Gauge Needles

No, these are from ebay. But I think you'll have the same issue if they slide over. Many others have had this problem. Can anyone help because I'd like to take it apart tonight lol.
  22. M

Removing Gauge Needles

I recently put new gauges on my truck. These slipped over the current ones and required no removal of the needles. They were fine for about a week now I think the 2 sided tape gave loose and the needles stick.. I've searched but not found a good enough answer to my question. I plan on...
  23. M

Driver's Side Key

@ n2epv Mine isn't there. It's either behind the airbag or under part of the dash. I've read how to get it, just I've never tried yet. Thank-you though @ Paraphoe Well yes, but in case my clicker gets wet and doesn't work, I wouldn't be able to use it. @ jad2411 Oh seriously? That explains...
  24. M

Driver's Side Key

The battery in my clicker is dying so I figured if it dies some day unexpectedly, I'd like to be able to use my key. I don't know my keypad combo so I need to do that too.. It's nice to know that it's not necessarily a rare problem, so can anyone help us?
  25. M

Driver's Side Key

So one day I decided to use my truck key instead of the clicker and the key would not turn. The key works on the passenger side and for starting the truck, but as for the drivers side and the back hatch, it will not turn. I'm not sure why this is so.. The '99 explorer i had before had this...
Back