Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

Help, EX is Shaking!

Check your u-joints on the driver shaft, the rear joint is more likely to be the first to start giving u problems.
  2. S

5.0 banks 1 and 2 running lean

ive has the same problem on my 5.0 just follow the steps. 1. Check the small plastic vacuum line that comes out under the blower motor on the passenger side and leads to a plastic bulb towards the front of the wheel well. (This line will control HVAC controls inside the Vehicle) 2. There...
  3. S

Hard Shifting

Yea the engine does speed up a bit ive noticed. But there are no trouble codes and i just topped off the fluid.
  4. S

Hard Shifting

it takes too long to decide to shift and shift takes too long to finish. It seems to be mainly 3rd gear but when giving it gas they all do it bad. I also notice that when u engage into "D" from "R" or "P" there is a short delay before it slips into gear
  5. S

Hard Shifting

bump
  6. S

Hard Shifting

Veh: 2000 Explorer AWD 5.0L Recently i changed out the fluid and filter in my transmission hoping it might help with the hard shifting i have had (also added some Lucas Stop Slip). The fluid looked clean and after topping it off it hasn't seemed to help. I'm guessing it might be the Vacuum...
  7. S

HELP!!! Pulled the trany pan and found this

999-3 looks like it could be the spring but I'm not sure. Sorry I'm doing this all off my phone. But if the spring should be located there where or even should the other end connect too?
  8. S

Ok but now should that pring have one side disconnected or so it be connected to somthing. - just don't know if it is something that should be connected
  9. S

I was in the process of replacing the trany filter when i saw this spring that looks like it was caught up on a gear of some sort. One end looks to be caught up or maby connected to the gear but the other end it not connected to anything up laying up again the transmission wall.
  10. S

Cruise Control not working

Well i can turn the cruise control on and it illuminates on the dash, i can also turn it off. But for some reason when i turn it on and set the speed it doesnt set it. the car just coasts and eventually starts to slow down. It looks like it works but no functionality.
  11. S

5.0L PCV Valve???

I replaced my assembly in my 5.0 and you don't need to get it from a dealership. if i still remember correctly there are 3 hoses that connect together. One hose coming from underneath the front of the intake manifold, One from underneath the back(driverside) of the intake manifold, and then...
  12. S

04 explorer steering feels loose

Check the rear stabilizer links
  13. S

Wrecked!

same think happened to me, except i was doing cyclones on snow and ended up taking out a tree. knocked my bumper about a 1" or so to the left and blew out a tail light.
  14. S

Help, EX is Shaking!

It sounds like you have bad CV axles. If you have vibrations at 45+ going in a straight line and you hear a slight popping or clicking sound as you turn the wheel you should replace them. Lower ball joints: lift the front end up and place a crow bar in between the lower ball join and the...
  15. S

Help, Window switches not working

I had the same exact issue. 1. Take off driver side door pannel 2. Disconnect all wires to the window and door lock controls 3. Take the control panel out of the door frame( 3-4 screws ) 4. open the control panel ( 6 Clips on the sides ) 5. Inside there should be a copper contact plate Simply...
  16. S

No Heat Problem

Sounds like the blend door, but another problem could be the amount of coolent flow threw the heater core. Within the lower tube there is a filter that slides in. If that is partially clogged it can limited the amount of flow causing the heater core to not come to full tempurture.
  17. S

Painted Rims

Two of the center caps did not come out as well as i had hoped because i used the aircraft stripper on them, and since they are plastic the stripper began to eat threw away at them. So i sanded them down a bit and painted them up. But over all the rims came out perfect.
  18. S

Any pictures of an explorer with black wheels?

I posted what i did on painting the stock rims. http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=341305
  19. S

Front end sound when going over bumps -suggestions?

"ragged-deep-breath"... Possibly the front shocks have blown out, I know mine made a weird noise right before i replaced them.
  20. S

Painted Rims

Rims before: The clear enamel has bubbled off in spots and corroded the metal After airplane stripper to remove the old clear coat and lots of sanding 2 coats of rustoleum self etching primer 3 coats of rustoleum flat black ( sorry no pics ) After the 4 coats of rustoleum clear coat...
  21. S

Front end sound when going over bumps -suggestions?

probably stabalizer bar bushings. They can be easily replaced and over the bushing dry out or become damaged. recommend ordering stabalizer bar links for about $10 - $20 off rockauto
  22. S

Bring on the tears!!! =( what's wrong with my truck?!

No it would cause the engine to run rough. If you have coolant/oil in the spark plugs you have a leak in of your gaskets.
  23. S

Bring on the tears!!! =( what's wrong with my truck?!

P0402 you might need to replace the EGR valve. No the DPFE is a sensor used to monitor gases from the EGR line. Flooding or oil and coolant in the spark plugs would cause a no start. Check head gaskets and also lower intake manifold gaskets.
Back