Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. A

North Jersey Trails/Wheeling Spots???

Cool, I definately would like to go wheeling sometime. Not sure when I can go right now though, I'm working on most saturdays now and sundays probably won't workout. But I will hit you up if I get a Saturday off, and let me know if your ever heading out just in case I could make it. Adam.
  2. A

Show off your LIFTED 2nd GEN

my lift Hey Guys. Finally put my "lift" on. Warrior shackles, Add-a-Leaf, and TT, still running stock size tires. Truck rides a lot better now, its a a tad stiffer on bumps, but in a good way, more stable. Also love not having the back end sagging like it was. First pic is after i removed...
  3. A

You (or anyone else) want to meet up to go wheeling tomorrow? I want to go, but dont know any trails...
  4. A

Anyone for wheeling tomorrow, jersey/NY area?

Hey guys. Finally put my add a leaf, shackles and did the TT last weekend. Im itching more than ever to go wheeling. I live in bayonne, nj, but am willing to make a bit of a drive if neccessary to go wheeling. So heres my deal: I've never gone wheeling, but i do have a good head on my...
  5. A

I am too. So where would all these north jersey trails be :D
  6. A

Who's in NJ? Where?

Nice! Looks like you guys had some fun. Some kinda deep water though. Would imagine a lot of you got water inside the cabin...? Looks like a snorkel, vent extensions, and lockers are a VERY good idea for wheeling at wharton. Looking good guys! Adam.
  7. A

New Fuel pump, still no start, Help!

Hey guys. Thanks for the help. Not going to believe what it turned out to be. My brother who was riding with me, somehow managed to dislodge the electrical connector from the bottom of the inertia fuel pump shut off switch thing under the dash on the passenger side!!!! I checked that first thing...
  8. A

New Fuel pump, still no start, Help!

hey guys. My truck died 3:30 am today on the side of the highway. Had it towed home. No fuel at the rail, no fuel pump "hum/whine". Swapped Fuel Pump Relay with Horn Relay, still didn't start. Ok, off to Autozone I went and got fuel pump and replaced it. Just got it back together and to my...
  9. A

Ahh would love to guys...but I'm working tomorrow:( Have fun and make sure to take plenty of pics and videos :thumbsup: Ordering shackles and an Add a leaf right now for my Christmas present :thumbsup: Then when i get some more money I'm planning on getingg 31's :D Also considering removing...
  10. A

(PICS INSIDE) 15x8 wheels 4"BS, bfg 31/10.50, 1.5" TT, warrior shackle and AAL

Which add a leaf did you use? I see they have 1", 2", and 3" superlift add a leafs, in both, "Long style" and "Short Style" leafs on summitracing. Also, your tire size is 31 x 10.5 on 15 inch rims. What does that translate to when shopping for the tires? Like the 225/70 R15 for example...
  11. A

Hey guys. I live in Bayonne, NJ. I have had my explorer for over a year now and other than last years sweet snow filled winter, I have never gone off roading, BUT I really want to! Im stock at the moment. I'd like to find some mild trails to go get my feet wet wheeling, without driving a...
  12. A

How to check torque converter bolts/nuts

You have to remove your starter. Once you remove your starter, you'll be able to see and tighten, one at at time, the 4 nuts that hold the torque converter to the flywheel. You may need/want a second person to help you with this. You will have to turn the engine by the crank bolt(CLOCKWISE...
  13. A

Remote start wire Location help!

Thanks, it works! Thanks for the help guys. Giving me the link for the RAP pinout diagrams. It gave me an idea. Instead of testing one by one all 5 dark green with purple stripe wires i found in the kick panel, I just ran a new wire from the RAP. No guessing, and it works. Was a long day...
  14. A

Remote start wire Location help!

Hey guys. Got my truck all apart right now. In the middle of installing my remote start/keyless entry. It is an Avital 4103. I have a print out from both, the12volt.com and caralarmpros.com of each wire color, location and function. My problem is I cannot find the "factory disarm" wire. Both...
  15. A

Won't crank + can't link to PCM

When you turn the key to RUN, does the check engine light illuminate? Also check your fuses.
  16. A

@#$@ PATS....Won't start, broken ignition collar..HELP!

Ordered the tuner. Will be here tuesday, but won't get back to my truck till wednesday. Ill let you know what I think of the tuner aside from haveing a PATS free running truck :cool: What are your impressions/observations of the tuner turdle, is the power/mileage a notable change?
  17. A

Damn this sucks. Ford can get me a new "transceiver", the ring collar on the ignition for $45 on tuesday. But yea, I did some digging, and yea, even if i get a new transceiver for the ignition, it won't work unless FORD reprograms it to work with MY Pats, and then I'm just back to stock, still...
  18. A

First off let me just vent and say how rediculous the PATS system is. I mean I understand its a great anti-theft system, but it is just to expensive and invasive if you need a new key or have any other problem. :mad: Ok. So heres the story. I have a 99, and only ONE working key. I was...
  19. A

Pre-Snow "Transfer Case tune up???"

Yes Good point indeed. I will engage and disengage the 4x4 a few times next weekend while im out doing a trans fluid change and installing my new exhaust.:thumbsup: Adam.
  20. A

Pre-Snow "Transfer Case tune up???"

Most of us have seen after the first snowfall of the year, the Forum will light up with tons of 4x4 issues, stuck in 4low, No 4x4, etc. So as we approach the snow season, I was wondering if there is any kind of "tune up, or check up" we could do to/give our transfer cases, other than just...
  21. A

banging under driver floorboard HELP

Or you could just remove the front driveshaft like I have since the spring, until you get it repaired or replaced when you get the money. HOWEVER, this is ONLY if you do NOT have AWD, as AWD will roll away in Park if the front shaft is removed. Adam
  22. A

1995 explorer 4x4 starter removal

Its been a few years since I did it, but I do remember having a very hard time "squeezing" it out as well. I don't remember how i finally did it, but if you keep trying different postions and maybe even pry a little it does come out. And then you get do it all over again getting it back in...
  23. A

What kind AND where to get 4x4 switch BULBS?

Ok. I figured it out. The site is not organized as well as it could be, but goto www.autolumination.com, scroll down a bit and goto the 74 bulbs section, then go about halfway down the page, You are looking for Type A, T3, 8mm Bulbs for the fog light, and rear defroster switches. Now the key is...
  24. A

What kind AND where to get 4x4 switch BULBS?

I have been searching for over an hour on the site, I've read tons of people asking the same question and getting what seems like half answers and/or LED information. I'm not looking to convert to LED's. I just want to know what type of bulb is in the 4x4 switch, and the rear defrost and fog...
Back