New Fuel pump, still no start, Help! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New Fuel pump, still no start, Help!

adambant

Reaction score
City, State
Bayonne, NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
White 1999 XLT SOHC v6
hey guys. My truck died 3:30 am today on the side of the highway. Had it towed home. No fuel at the rail, no fuel pump "hum/whine". Swapped Fuel Pump Relay with Horn Relay, still didn't start. Ok, off to Autozone I went and got fuel pump and replaced it. Just got it back together and to my severe dissappointment, same thing, no fuel, no start. What do I do next? Electrical is not my strong point. i can take anythign apart and put it back together, but electrical I have a hard time with....so go easy on me :) Please, advice pointing me in the right direction is what I need! :thumbsup:

Thanks so much, Adam.

Did you check fuel pump fuse?

Hey guys. Thanks for the help. Not going to believe what it turned out to be. My brother who was riding with me, somehow managed to dislodge the electrical connector from the bottom of the inertia fuel pump shut off switch thing under the dash on the passenger side!!!! I checked that first thing when it died, and the switch wasn't tripped. Apparently just slightly unplugged.

Well, I have a nice new fuel pump, screen, and fuel filter....:rolleyes: Im just happy its running and I got home now.

Thanks again.

Adam.

Back