Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

HELP! Trans. Issues, recently rebuilt, shop cant figure it out.

So heres my 2003 ford explorer 4 door. It has 125k on the clock. the transmission failed (Blinking O/D light of death) a shop with a good reputation rebuilt the transmission. and then this: http://youtu.be/9Lv1HBiNf6U Most obvious begins at 7:10. Good example at 3:40, other...
  2. M

2002 Explorer 4.6L Project(s)

I have those exact tail lights you pictured. bought them online for 140ish very bright, and they look great... had to make a small spacer for the mounting screw, But only because my tailgate is tweaked from an asian grandma. i wish the difference between just being on, and break...
  3. M

Crazy Wobble

are you referring to death rattle, where the steering wheel and front wheels shake back and forth violently? i had this on the front end of a F350 plow truck, ended up replacing a bunch of parts, but while it got better, it never went away, we think its a bent frame, as my father drove it off...
  4. M

GPS for 2002 Explorer

I have in-dash nav in my 03 I have a Chinese made head unit that has a 6 in touch screen ($400) and i have a tablet, a Samsung galaxy tab, and that plugs into the video input on the head unit. everything displayed on the tablet is also displayed on the HU, so i mounted the tablet on my...
  5. M

Anyone up for drawing a wiring diagram?

Fuses are your friend... especially if your going to be running them through any door seals or any place the wire can be pinched... i had a wire with no fuse get pinched in my hood hinge, it was heavy duty 8 gage wire, and let me tell you, that wire was so hot within seconds that not only did...
  6. M

Mythbustering my 03 Explorer

if i were to cut the potentiometer then i would not have proportional control of the steering, which is the whole point of the multiple rotation servos... Yup, channel 6 is my landing gear toggle on my transmitter, i use a micro servo to flip a tiny switch off, which flips a relay that...
  7. M

well the RC project needs to be sidelined for the moment... this morning as i was coming home from a party, i started having problems, it started with slow wipers and then progressed to an ABS light going on, then my battery light came on, then i lost my radio, and then my gauges went dead...
  8. M

Im fairly certain that the servos will be able to turn the wheel, they are rated at 152.75oz.in of torque (think foot pounds only smaller) with a 60degree turn time of 1.68seconds with a spool that has a one inch radius. Its a Hitec HS-785HB Sail Winch Servo, (if you feel like looking it up...)...
  9. M

yes i did consider that, they make hydraulic brakes for bicycles, and that was one of the things that i mentioned to the bike mechanic, the reason why i decided to go with cables instead is simply based on the KISS rule, with hydraulics you risk air in the line, leaks, kinks in the tubing, etc...
  10. M

Ok, well im sort of "mythbustering" my truck, I picked up a bunch of servos and robotics equipment recently and have decided to put them to good use, by remote controlling my explorer. My Controller this is not my first rodeo with this sort of thing either, so have faith in me, i have...
  11. M

O2 sensor problems.

Can you elaborate on some of the symptoms that you were experiencing? I have been throwing the same codes as you telling me Ive got a bad 02 sensor, i took it to a shop to have them check the problem, and i paid $200 to have them reset the computer and rotate my tires. then they feed me some...
  12. M

Top gear Top tip, dont stand close to tow rope

what amazed me the most is that these "profesional" drivers didnt know that well then again, they are british lol
  13. M

Top gear Top tip, dont stand close to tow rope

well i saw this on top gear and figured i should share, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bexBxd_oC4U&NR=1 never stand close to a tow rope NEVER!!!!!
  14. M

Almost a serious electrical fire

Lol hot women on cars.... Anyways, I want to post up pictures but I only have a phone to post with... today I pulled the fuse box and battery and found a hole burned into my wiring harness and a lot of melted copper wire on the wheel well, my truck has been starting rough and running rough...
  15. M

At least she was good for something... Lol
  16. M

good point, nut they are so comphy One of the girls I was with wouldent even ride back with me cus she was afraid my car was going to catch fire again
  17. M

So I came out of the bar tonight with my girl, and while waiting for everyone else to be ready to leave I hopped up on the hood of my car, and then my girl jumped up too, about thirty seconds later a fu#@$$&ing sh#@ ton of smoke begis billowing out from under my hood, at first I thought we had...
  18. M

Warped Rotors And/Or....?

Grab your camera, see if u can get it on video
  19. M

Doubt full, in my experience once rotors warp, they stay warpef
  20. M

Suggestions for aftermarket DVD players

Just make a small cover for the sreen
  21. M

Do you do any wheeling or have you hit any unusually large curbs lately?
  22. M

i had the same problem on a 2003 xlt, new brakes, no change, new rotors, no change, then before i ended up figuring out what the problem was, i crashed it, so in my opinion, the best way to fix it is just to crash the thing... lol, but seriously, its either the rotors, an alignment, or bad...
  23. M

6 hr sand trap

Cool story Bro!!!
  24. M

How may Miles on you 2011

Hey i think we should get a log going of the number of miles on your new X, any issues you've run into so far, and a count of the number of times you've had to reset the Sync system... lol
  25. M

phone starts playing media

2003 X here, i have an aftermarket HU with bluetooth... this also happened to me, so this would lead me to believe that this is not an issue with sync, but an issue with phones (Motorola droid) just my two cents
Back