Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. H

V8 engine noise

hey guys, i am here to finally solve the common riddle of V8 ticking noise. i KNOW the noise 'cause that was what was buggin the hell outta me for 30,000 miles. i took my X to the dealer and found out that the clickity click noise was caused by a busted EGR valve. it cost me about $240 to fix...
  2. H

Nerf Bars

the blacker the berries, the sweeter the juice! :afro: i went with the black smittybuilt bars. thanks everyone for your help.
  3. H

Nerf Bars

Me-White '98 XLT My new nerf bars- black or chrome? whatever wins is what i'll buy. thanks guys
  4. H

Steel Horse Grille

i ordered my steeel horse billet grille for my '98 X, but when i found out i had to saw out the original grille, it made me a bit hesitant to install it. ya know cause once i cut, its over and i cant go back ya know... i ordered my grille from truckperformance.com for only $45. Also another...
  5. H

What is the best subwoofer?

when i was younger and read "auto sound and security" religiously, i sorta remember there was this type of sub that i saw that was totally unconventional of the cone, wire spider and voice coil method more common to about 99.9% of all auto speakers. it was just one big ol' cylindrical tube. in...
  6. H

Box Suggestions

Ok i just picked up a 10 inch Infinity Kappa Perfect single voice coil. The recommended box volume for sealed enclosure is 0.65 cubic feet. here's my problem. I found two boxes. first box- the 3/4 inch MDF box is .66 cubic feet internal volume. second box- made of 5/8 MDF box is 0.80 cubic...
  7. H

Ball Joints!

how do you guys know once the ball joints go bad? i've got 90K on my X and i'm just thinking that one day my front tires are just gonna fall off as im drivin down the freeway. i DO notice a harsh calanking and cranking noise when my car is either in an incline or decline and i have the wheel...
  8. H

Check out my latest fiberglass adventure

yo big tex, that setup is pretty sweet. all you gotta do is just dress up the fiberglass a bit to not make it look so industrial. Very innovative on your part and your fiberglass skilz rock. hope to see finished pics soon. good job.
  9. H

Sealed Box Volume Tolerance

thats EXACTLY the company i am going with. I am looking into purchasing an Infinity Kappa Perfect 10.1 sub. dont need the dual voice coil. Their website sucks. but they have another site and i am seriously considering gettin a single box. I'm sure it would not look nice if i added that...
  10. H

Sealed Box Volume Tolerance

hey guys, i'm currently shopping for a subwoofer enclosure. i have a found a company that sells plexiglass enclosures. they loook sooo sweet. its a bit more expensive but they look too good to pass up. The box has a sealed volume of 0.75 cubic feet, but the subwoofer that i want to buy...
  11. H

Sub Clarify Wiring Q

coo beans guys. i think im just gonna save a few bucks and go for the Infinity Kappa Perfect 10.1 single voice coil. There's a killer deal through sounddomain.com. they match any price and beat it another 5%. Etronics has the sub for cheaper, in fact, etronics has a lotta things cheaper than...
  12. H

Sub Clarify Wiring Q

hey guys im sorta confused on how to wire subs to my amp. i am planning on bridging two channels on my Rockford Fosgate 600a4 amp. so the total amperage would be 300 watts comming out of the channel. i have the other two channels running my front components. The manual says that when briding two...
  13. H

New Tire Time

hey folks, its been awhile since i last posted. well here's the situation. i've had my BFG AT/KO's for like the past 50,000 miles and they have done me well. i felt safe during the rainy seasons (not that there were many here down in SoCal) and i enjoyed dirt roads and hopping curves with them...
  14. H

New Instrument Panel Icon

hey you guys thanks for such quick responses. ever since that day it hasnt come on again, i think hehe. at first i thought it was the suns reflections but i was tryin to block all ambient light and i still saw it but whatever, my car should be fine. i mean come on, this is the X forum! thanks again!
  15. H

New Instrument Panel Icon

hey my X family how are you all? I have a really important question to ask of you. When i was driving yesterday, i noticed a light that came on really faint and then went away. The light was a picture of a "gas station pump" with water droplets to the side of it. I tried lookin in the manual...
  16. H

3" BL w 1-1/2" TT and Add a leaf & 31x10.5

i didnt do it i swear, but in that last picture, how many guys do you think put their heads closer to the monitor to try and look up that lady's shorts. haha. :nono:
  17. H

Garbage Truck X

Well DUH that's where this link sends you to, Discovery channel's website!!!!
  18. H

Garbage Truck X

if y'all havent seen the previews for this show on Discovery channel, its about a guy that turns ordinary cars into MONSTER MACHINES! here's a link to a tricked out X that eats garbage!!! Dead Link Removed
  19. H

MAC Cold Air INSTALLED

sorry bigcat, havent been on this board in awhile. finals killed me. but i only have a single muffler setup. good enough for me. im pushin a 50 series non-delta. i love it. 2.5 inch piping and a 3 inch chrome tip. There's probably no better setup for my X. i've set off so many alarms!!!
  20. H

Anyone up for a Challenge?

Dead Link Removed
  21. H

X with fabtech spindles and 31s

blah blah blah whatever dude. i dun even understand why Nor cal peeps think they even have a chance when arguing over the obvious superiority of Southern California. The only reason Nor Cal is just a part of california because D.C. doesnt want to figure out how to add another star to the flag...
  22. H

Sound system virgin-help!

check www.carmedia1.com if i ever buy anymore audio toys for my X, its gonna be from them. They're prices rock!
  23. H

X with fabtech spindles and 31s

That's cause NorCal SUCKS!!!! :mattmoon: :thumbdwn:
  24. H

Have audio questions for JTang

HE's ALIVE!!!!!!!!
  25. H

Have audio questions for JTang

JTang has been MIA for a long time now. he used to dominate this forum and answer EVERY question and share his two cents on everything. very wise dude, but i guess he's probably fixin up his truck. He'll be back though. He loves us.
Back