Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. P

WTB first gen radiator support

Looking for one that isnt rusted out. If its used it needs to be cutback far enough allowing me to weld it. If anyone can find one for a good price i can live with paying a finders fee. Junkyard near you, online, etc. Thanks
  2. P

Bent radius arm?

I replaced the bracket but had to fight it tooth and nail. whats the next best bet?
  3. P

Bent radius arm?

Hit the drivers front corner, curled the fender back(not the inner just the outer fender). I slid into a guard rail. Im under the impression it was the RA bracket and maybe the ra is tweaked...or(whats the brackets tht holds the beam?). The beam isnt creased at all , im just thinking it may be...
  4. P

Bent radius arm?

I was out and about flying down an alley, it happened to turn to gravel before it made a 90degree turn. i hit the brakes and slid right into it. doing maybe..15 or 20mph. I was also backed into pretty hard prior to that. dead center..ruined my grill and maybe my rad support. inner fenders are...
  5. P

Bent radius arm?

Got into an accident not too long ago, curled up my RA bracket...replaced tht with bushings from MOOG. The weel would rub when i turned...i measured from hub center to fender by the door. it was off alot before. its come down to an inch after i fought the new bracket in..could it be my RA...
  6. P

Sport and 4dr fender same?

Thanks alot guys. I think i have the body all straightened out..in my head. i just need to do the work. I am worried of my bent radius arm bracket. its curled up enough for replacement. Question is...is it seperate from the tranny x member? Or must i replace that also?
  7. P

Sport and 4dr fender same?

Recently i pushed the fender in on my 92 sport. Lmc truck and rockauto dont have any listed for a 2dr...are they the same? Looks bigger to me. I also think that i damaged my inner fender wall...could it be a problem putting a new fender in? ill try to post a pic later tonight. thanks in advance
  8. P

Completed Project jamest's "RE-SAS"

Great build. I have a sport also and man have you given me some ideas. Also i had no idea anyone from this part of illinois had an built up ex.
  9. P

For Sale 4.0 V6, auto tranny, manual BW1354

how much for the t-case? I have been hunting a manual :)
  10. P

chop top 1 ton ex.

Nice work!!!! Looking forward to progress ^_^
  11. P

Can i fit 33s with 4" lift??

Im considering overhauling the suspension...good place for leafs? price? im just gonna go stock for now with shackles BL and coil spacers...need a camber bushing to from what ive read here huh?
  12. P

Leftover Explorer Parts

how much for the axles??
  13. P

Dick Cepek rims

can i run 32s qith a 2" BL?
  14. P

Dick Cepek rims

Will these rims work on a stock 92 ex? what size tires with no lift? http://www.summitracing.com/parts/MTT-1158421/?rtype=10
  15. P

Chevy superlift shocks on 92 sport?

part numbers are: 85110 and 85070...the superlift site does not say a difference, they do look as if they would fit but im worried about the ride height and such..
  16. P

Chevy superlift shocks on 92 sport?

i cam across a great deal for a set of s-10 or blazer superlift shocks. BRAND NEW! I was wondering how much modification it will take to make these fit my 92 explorer sport 4x4. will report back with model number in just a second. Thanks
  17. P

'92 Sport Build

I also have purchased rocker cover gaskets as they are currently leaking.
  18. P

'92 Sport Build

Sooo.. i wanna build up my 92 sport. I am thinking a 3" BL and some bigger tires, new or new to me. I bought for $900 and have replaced battery, alternator and power steering pump and pressure line(which is still whining, help?!?). She needs some body work, but nothing major. Im also intrested...
  19. P

For Sale mostly first gen parts

How much for the manual hubs shipped to 60433? If they fit a 92 sport..
  20. P

Truth about mods.

I want the truth about some of the mods for the 4.0 ohv. What kind of mods does everybody see being worthwhile? Anything and everything because im interested in doing alot of mods but, i dont wanna waste time on useless ones. Ik the tb mod is supposed to help along with cutting up the airbox..
  21. P

four wheel drive issues.

Thanks you guys so much. I really appreciate the detailed answers and the how to diagnose. Currently my alternator is out and it killed my battery. Once i get that taken care of i will post a reply on what i find. Anyone know where to get a cheap alternator? Idc if its used its just a temp until...
  22. P

four wheel drive issues.

four wheel drive light comes on during start up. but does not come on while driving and i cant engage at all. is it the unit in the dash or the switch motor? Maybe another part that im not thinking of? thanks in advance for any input
  23. P

Leaning front end while turning.

Sorry, should have clarified a bit better...the passenger front corner. Thanks.
  24. P

Leaning front end while turning.

Hi, new to the forum here. I notices earlier in my '91 Explorer sport 2dr that when i turn the steering wheel to the right, the right front corner of the whole truck lifts up..any thoughts as to what may be going on? Thanks in advance to any and all input.
Back