Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. N

The Ford order/build/deliver timeline.

My 2016 Platinum completed with all the accessories including the weathertech air deflectors. Now its just time to enjoy it. Best Explorer So Far.
  2. N

Window Side Vents / Deflectors

I did it myself . I am 6'1' so I was standing behind the door from the inside and I brought my arm over the door and slightly pulled on the air deflector while bringing the window up until is was up all the way and left it alone for 3 days and after that period of time the window works fine with...
  3. N

Window Side Vents / Deflectors

I have installed the in channel air deflectors from WeatherTech in my 2016 Ford Explorer Platinum. They fit just fine and they only took 15 minutes to installed them. Never had a problem with the sensors in the front windows. When installing them I just pulled on the deflectors while bringing...
  4. N

2016 Platinum Late Production?

Hi deant, The digital speedometer display was already set up in the car when I picked it up from the dealer. It does show your MPH as well as the speed limit on the current road/highway you are on which is something nice to see when you are driving. I haven't really play with the settings in...
  5. N

Admiring my Shadow Black Platinum

Congratulations Stever40, and best of luck with your new Platinum. I have to agree with you 100%. This is the best Explorer Ford has put together so far. I have been leasing Ford Explorers and Expeditions since they first came out in 1991 and I had a 2012 Limited Fully loaded which I traded...
  6. N

I'm trying but it is hard specially with such a beautiful SUV.
  7. N

Just finished installing new puddle LED lights from Drive Bright.com and they are a huge improvement over the dull OEM lights. They are the LED Puddle Light Pack the kit comes also with two LED lights that replace the ones over the license plate. 10X Brighter than stock Ford puddle lamp . It...
  8. N

2016 Platinum Explorer dressed up.

Here are the photos FYI.
  9. N

Yes it is and they also ship to Canada. When you call ask to speak to Dan, He was the guy that handled my my order and he even helped me carry the running boards and the installation kit to my car. The running boards come in one box and the installation kit with the brackets comes in another...
  10. N

For those waiting for the Weather Tech In Channel side window deflectors they are now available for all the 2016 Explorer models. I have mine already but waiting for 72 hours for the window tint to set. Here is the link to the Weather Tech website...
  11. N

Hi 613GT500, I purchased my running boards from this ebay seller and I paid $265 only since they are located in Queens NY where I live and I just went and picked them up so I didn't have to pay for shipping. Even though they don't say Ionic CXV they are the same exact running boards that...
  12. N

Thank you deant. Yes this is a Ford OEM Large Cargo Organizer and it usually sells around $80 but this website where I bought it from is selling it for $64.40 You can adjust the compartments in any configuration you want . Here is the link to their website...
  13. N

My 2016 White Explorer Platinum with Photos

and now this is my Explorer Platinum after installing the CXV running boards, roof rack cross bars, mud flaps, window tinting 20% to match the rest of the Explorer, rear bumper protector, Cargo organizer, and Loyd's custom floor mats with the Explorer logo embroided on the mats.
  14. N

My Explorer Platinum after installing the roof rack cross bars, mud flaps ,wheel locks , CXV running boards, window tinting (20% to match the rest of the windows), rear cargo organizer , rear bumper protector and Loyd's custom made floor mats. Waiting to Install the Weather Tech side windows...
  15. N

Congratulations deant . I'm glad your Platinum was found. Trust me it was worth the wait. Soon you will be enjoying your Explorer Platinum as much as I am enjoying mine. Best of luck with it.
  16. N

My 2016 White Explorer Platinum with Photos

These are the photos of my Ford Explorer Platinum before driving it off the dealer. This new Platinum model it is without a doubt the best Explorer Ford has ever made. From the comfortable ride home to the amazing Sony sound system I am very impressed with what Ford has accomplished with this...
  17. N

Ordering my 2016 Explorer Platinum

As promised here it is !!
  18. N

Finally is here !! Just picked up my White Platinum Explorer. As promised here are the photos of before and tomorrow I will installing the CXV running boards, doing the window tint, installing the weather tech rain side window deflectors and installing the cargo organizer and new custom made...
  19. N

UPDATE I have just received a call from my salesman and my Explorer Platinum has arrived at the dealer . It is been prep and having the mud flaps, roof rail cross bars and wheel locks install and ready for pick up on Wednesday . Finally I can say the waiting paid off . Will post photos as soon...
  20. N

That's very strange . My dealer had two Platinum Explorers ( not the one I have in special order) in their inventory / in stocked two weeks ago . One was in the Blue Jeans Color and the other one was in Magnetic and they were sold the same week without any such adaptive cruise control problems...
  21. N

Congratulations on your Explorer Platinum and best of luck with it . According to my dealer I should be picking mine up on Wednesday . They are expecting the Platinum to be delivered to them on Tuesday and they are going to install the cross bars, mud flaps and wheel locks . I have also...
  22. N

deant, Im not sure why the dealer can't tell you where the car actually is located . They get a visibility report where it tells them step by step where the car is located as soon as it has been shipped from the Chicago assembly plant. My Explorer Platinum was supposed to have been delivered...
  23. N

I don't think deant that it has anything to do with your car been damaged. Needless to say that these things do happened but I am pretty sure that the dealer will have told you if this was the case. I am in the same situation as you and probably more in the forum but I have been doing business...
  24. N

I am still waiting for my Explorer Platinum to be deliver to my dealer from the rail car yard where it was dropped off October 30th. Because there seems to be over 200 vehicles in front of my Explorer ,my Platinum still sitting there and my salesman is getting frustrated because he wants to...
Back