Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

Explorer 'A' pillar replacement

Hi all. The panels next to the windshield have been loose for a long time, and now the weatherstripping is flopping around, pretty badly at high speeds. I found the "what this does not cover" section of the PremiumCare warranty (link to a photo below), and section X lists the things I listed...
  2. B

DIY repair for loose roof rack plastic piece?

Thanks for the replies! I'll try the hot glue gun suggestion. :)
  3. B

DIY repair for loose roof rack plastic piece?

My roof rack water leak was repaired, but one of the plastic pieces that covers the bolts (?) is now loose (link to short video below). Seems like a plastic tab may be broken/missing. Any recommendations on a DIY repair, other than super glue? :) Going on a road trip this weekend and I'd...
  4. B

2012 Limited water leaks repaired but car still smels musty or mildewy

Thank you for the reply. I can't leave it outside with the windows open, because another unexpected rain is just around the corner here in northeast Florida. I have the rubber mats, so that leaves the carpet and insulation. Is there a way for a lay person owner to check for wet...
  5. B

2012 Limited water leaks repaired but car still smels musty or mildewy

Hello. My Explorer had water leaks in the roof racks and the liftgate hinges repaired, but the car still smells musty or mildewy weeks later. The spare wheel well under the third row seats grew some major mold, but the body shop cleaned it up and replaced the carpet back there. I haven't seen...
  6. B

3rd row seats power buttons stopped working

No motor sounds either. Is there a standard workflow for troubleshooting this problem? Check fuses...remove button plate and check wires...bang on the buttons...curse loudly...bang on the seats...curse even louder...perform a rain dance...............? :) Thanks!
  7. B

Stiff brake pedal before (button) starting

Once in a while, when I sit in the driver's seat and press the brake pedal to start the car, the pedal is very stiff. Usually at the first start of the morning, but I've seen it on warm starts too. It releases and softens up once the car is started. Is this something I should be concerned...
  8. B

LG G3 bluetooth with SYNC resetting Messages setting

Thanks Rebecca. I haven't seen the permission prompt since the one time I answered No.
  9. B

LG G3 bluetooth with SYNC resetting Messages setting

Hello. I have my G3 connected to my 2012 Explorer's SYNC. I do not want my sms messages popping up in SYNC, so I answered no (with the checkbox checked) when my phone prompted me for access to messages, and it was all good.......until the next time I drove the car. SMS started popping up on the...
  10. B

Ford Extended Service Plans (ESP)

Just saw this at troyfordwarranty.com. I guess this means I shouldn't expect any kind of negotiating or discounts since I'm buying in FL? Q: Why is their special pricing for Florida customers? A: The State of Florida considers extended service plans for automobiles a type of insurance...
  11. B

Ford Extended Service Plans (ESP)

Buying a PremiumCARE extended warranty...price negotiation? I'm going to buy a PremiumCARE extended warranty this week, and I could use some advice on how much room for negotiation I can expect on the price. My 2012 (in-service 11/2011) Explorer Limited already has 33800 miles. I had never...
  12. B

Remote start stopped working.

2012 Explorer Limited. A few weeks ago, when I did the remote start procedure with the IA key, the car made a ka-chunk noise and didn't start. It started from the push button when I got into the car and has had no problems starting from the push button since then, but the remote start isn't...
  13. B

Anyone seeing these two issues with the new version?

2012 Explorer Limited 1. When the car starts, the screen resets to quadrant view, even when the last place I was in was the Entertainment quadrant's full view. I don't recall it doing this in the previous version. 2. In quadrant view, when playing Sirius, the Entertainment quadrant...
  14. B

Sirius - jump to next/previous category

Is there a way to jump to the start of the next channel category, instead of having to tune, seek or scan up or down one channel at a time? The Channel/Category browser rarely works for me, and when it does it's extremely slow. Thanks!
  15. B

Unexpected high odometer

Got my 2012 Explorer Limited FWD right after Thanksgiving. It had 300 miles on it from the delivery drive. It now has 2900. If I extrapolate out to 12 months, I'm looking at around 20700 miles this year. That's really high for me (living in the same city as the last three cars I owned that...
  16. B

48 degrees outside, A/C set to 73, blows cold air

2012 Explorer Limited Variations of this scenario (65,72,blows cold air, etc.). The cold air blows through the top vents. If I let it run, it might stop blowing cold through the top vents and start blowing warm air from the lower (feet) vents, but other times it just keeps blowing cold...
Back