Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. Y

pro-m mass air flow question

i am planning on getting the apten chip and a flowmaster exhaust pretty soon. I wanted to add i saw in the apten site if you change the mass air flow the chip should be reprogrammed. that is 1 reason i got this first
  2. Y

should i notice a big difference
  3. Y

I just got my new pro-m mass air flow sensor in today. I installed it, but did not notice any difference. Do i need to disconnect the battery to reset the ecm or will be automatic. or is this just the way it is the only other mod i have is the mac cold air intake i have a 2001 xlt 5.0
  4. Y

performance chip questions

I am interested in possibly putting in an apten performance chip for my 2001 5.0 explorer. I have a couple of questions before i call. 1. Is this the best chip made for the explorer 2. How difficult is it to install for someone with a little more than basic knowledge of cars 3. Is this an...
  5. Y

MAC Install - PITA

for an 01 explorer 5.0 it fit perfectly. I didnt have to do any mods to it at all. no forcing either
  6. Y

adjust your TPS (another free hp mod)

i went out and bought a multimeter. I checked it against a battery and it gave me 1.32. This leads me to believe it is off by about .18 I checked my truck and i get .969 to .970, so even if it is off by the .18 i am still good
  7. Y

keyless entry while engine running

my 2001 wont work, kind of makes the panic button useless if i were being car jacked
  8. Y

Any Jersey Explorers Here???

I live in Ewing, NJ. I moved here a couple of years ago and I still dont know anybody here, so if you want to say whats up, then whats up. ( i couldnt think of anything else to finish it up)
  9. Y

Intake tube, why wont it work?

http://auto.howstuffworks.com/question517.htm Apparently it should make a difference if it is designed properly
  10. Y

mac intake upgrade

I ordered it on a friday and got it the following friday. so it was 5 business days. the customer service was good. The ups office is not close to where i live, so i took the day off on wednesday, which is when it should have arrived, so i wouldnt miss it and have to drive 45 minutes the next...
  11. Y

mac intake upgrade

they gave me 25 back off of shipping, but its still really annoying
  12. Y

mac intake upgrade

I ordered 2 day shipping, but explorer express sent it ground. So a week later it is now in. It sounds really good. At idol there seems to be no real differencev in sound, but when i step on it, it sounds very throaty. I dont really see any performace difference yet, but I havent taken it on...
  13. Y

custom tail lights

I received the tail lights today, they came in perfect condition, and they look awsome. perfect fit. It is snowing today so i will take pics tomorrow or the day after.
  14. Y

crap tinting job!

my front windows are tinted, and they did cut about 1/4 inch on the top for the felt. you cant even notice it though. As far as dust, they washed my windows, so there wasnt anything. the only problem i have is the front windows are a perfect match for the back, and they are so well done, i...
  15. Y

Superchip Question...

i have always believed you get what you pay for, so i would believe 4 dollar resisters for HP wont help
  16. Y

Check Guage light

is it possible your battery is losing charge when it is off and then once it runs the alternator helps charge it. I had a battery like that, but it eventually quit completely
  17. Y

Need Help

when u installed the cd player, did u cut ford wiring or did you use a wiring kit...check for any bare wires in your door panels that may have gotten cut
  18. Y

mac intake upgrade

well i bought one. I am so excited i paid 50 extra for 2 day delivery. I really need to learn patience
  19. Y

high pitch squeal

probobly is the caliper. now that i think about it when i changed my brakes, one side was much more worn then the other...rats that is quite costly
  20. Y

mac intake upgrade

I am thinking of buying the mac intake upgrade for my 2001 xlt 5.0. The car is completely stock. Is this a good performance upgrade for a stock motor...will it change the sound of the car Item #MP3659
  21. Y

high pitch squeal

sorry about that... it happens when my car is moving, but i only really hear it when i go slow 10 mph. It makes no difference if i hit the brakes or the gas. I think it is coming from the front wheels...only when it is really cold outside
  22. Y

high pitch squeal

When ever it is really cold and my truck is not warmed up, it makes a high pitch squeal. I took it to ford, but they couldnt duplicate the sound. anyone know what this could be 2001 xlt 5.0
  23. Y

custom tail lights

well i bought them, I will take pics and post it when they arrive. I bought them from euro-tails.com because they have them in stock. So far they seem to be an ok company, email order response, check order status page with tracking number. I will let everyone know when they arrive
  24. Y

Seats Anyone?

my seat track went broke, so i had to replace it. If you can find a seat with the same bolt pattern, you should be able to change it pretty simply...easier said than done though
  25. Y

Question bout exhaust on V8

i dont see why it would be tough...best to go to a real garage instead of autozone
Back