Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

Anyone can steal your X

Not an Urban Legend It happens. I've had to do it. I called the parts department and gave them my name, not even my VIN... of course they had the VIN because they sold me the car and also did most of the service. It takes me about 5 minutes to get to the dealer and they had a new key cut for...
  2. B

length of TIME between oil changes

Thanks for the replies. I was wondering more about how the filter paper holds up. Is it succeptable to break down after being soaked in oil for so long?
  3. B

length of TIME between oil changes

TIME Seems like we always discuss how many miles between oil changes, but what about length of time? Let's say you only drive 500-700 miles a month. If you change your oil every 4,000 miles it could be 6 months between oil changes. Thoughts?
  4. B

What Size Tires

I had 30s on mine and wish I had've gone with the 31s. Looked like there was plenty of room to me.
  5. B

The ongoing war...BFG A/T KO's vs. Bridgeston Dueler A/T Revo's

From my experience, the BFGs are just getting broken in at 50,000.
  6. B

Brake dust and allowy wheels

The Expedition has the alloy wheels on it (or rubber wheels as I call them) and collects brake dust like crazy. I've tried several different wheel cleaners all bragging that they dissolve brake dust on contact or some crap like that. Might as well use soap & water. Any tips?
  7. B

Using a clay bar?

I have read about you old schoolers talking about claying your rides for the last few years and never tried it until a couple months ago. My wife thought I was an idiot when I told her about it. The 2000 Chrysler T&C we had at the time had some kind of orange overspray crap all over it. After...
  8. B

GMC Envoy... good or bad?

Yeah, I agree. They do look too long. What they need is a lift! ;)
  9. B

GMC Envoy... good or bad?

The wife and I drove an Envoy XL and thought it rode like a dream, but just not enough room compared to the minivan we were going to trade. We ended up with a new Expedition instead, about the same money and much more room.
  10. B

What the heck is "blow by"???

Thanks guys.
  11. B

What the heck is "blow by"???

I'm not up on all my mechanical slang. Iin response to the question, "Does it use oil?" I was given this response, "It's got a little blow by."
  12. B

How much to set an airbag off?

I know a lady that had the airbag go off on her Town Car while she was driving down the highway...no collision, just driving. Ford found a rock peck on the door panel and told her that is what caused it. She sued. Ford wanted to settle with no admission of liability, she got less $ in small...
  13. B

TKO's, size suggestions

If I could do it over again, I'd go with 31s over 30s. Personally, I think it is ridiculous that they won't allow LT tires. I think you should push the issue, in a nice respectful way, and see if that helps any. If it is anything like the Firestone replacement program, every retailer is...
  14. B

Check out this kick ass explorer!

For some reason "kick tushy" just doesn't have the same oomph.
  15. B

I don’t understand…

I believe that most people don't buy cars based on performance, but on color..."Uh, I think I'll take the red one."
  16. B

ques for those who have 30x9.50 to replace 235/75R15

I moved up to 30s...go with 31s. Hindsight is 20/20,
  17. B

How dumb can someone be?

Hey somebody hook me up with the guy with the Gooley. I've got some nice ocean front property over here in Missouri I think he might be interested in buying.
  18. B

firestones

I had the infamous Radial ATXs on my Explorer for about 90,000 miles without any problems and the Firehawk ATX for another 20,000 without problems. However I certainly appreciated Firestone purchasing 5 BFG A/Ts for me.
  19. B

Went to the Ford dealer...my truck is FUBARed

Hee hee...blinker fluid. You gotta love it. Don't you clowns have anything better to do? (This coming from the guy that started the "What's Your Favorite Beer" thread)
  20. B

It's engine rebuild time! Help build the dream v6

I'm very interesting is how this turns out.
  21. B

A/C Compressor Clutch not engaging?

I agree with mdrut. The compressor won't come on if the freon is low,I believe it's a safety thing so the compressor won't burn up. Hopefully all you need is a recharge. My recharge ended up running about $750 last summer...evaporator core, accumulator, line, o-rings, 134A conversion.
  22. B

Star tool for MAS

I think the official name is "Security Star" bit. Basically a torx bit with a hole drilled in the center. I bought one at AutoZone. However, the little piece on the screw will smash down or break off with a little persuasion from a regular torx bit if you happen to have one.
  23. B

All black Sport Trac w/33s & billet grill

That my friends is that way a Sport Trac is supposed to look.
  24. B

31x10.5's on a stock

You are 17 and your parents gave you a 98 Sport. When I was 17 my parents let me use their 80 LeSabre 2 door.
  25. B

Blayne Watts' 91 XLT

Cool name...except you spell it wrong. Just curious, do you get called Brian a lot? I know I do.
Back