Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

2020 XLT Radio Automatically on at Startup.

Noticed last few weeks that on startup, my radio would be on. As a force of habit, I always turn my radio off before turning my car off. Aside from this, it always defaults to fm radio regardless what I was playing. On a side note, I used to use a thumb drive with audio files to play. Recently...
  2. R

12v Power Points Temporarily Not Working?

Looking for ideas here. Took a 6 hour trip yesterday and a few hours in, noticed that my front console and second row 12v power points (old cigarette lighter type) power points stopped working. The front USB still worked but the second row one wasn't either. Got to my destination and turned...
  3. R

2 Short Beeps when Opening Unlocked Door?

As the title mentions. Today on 3 occasions, I unlocked the Explorer and when I opened the driver door (FOB in hand) I got 2 short beeps from the horn. Got in and started Explorer no problem. I think I unlocked the Explorer and got in 6-7 times today, so roughly half the times and none were...
  4. R

Transmission Growl/Whine - Transmission Cooler Leaking

Just today, I noticed a low growling sound kinda underneath the center console while under a steady low acceleration at a slow speed (30mph). Everything seems to be working OK but after seeing this post, I am concerned a bit. The explorer was at the dealership last week for an oil change and I...
  5. R

Can't Search for Sync Updates

I knew there was a new update out there and last week did a search or updates since the current version I am running is from July. Sync found it but then I think I lost wifi connection as it was trying to install. Everything works the same but the system still tells me the last update was in...
  6. R

Anyone in the Washington DC/Baltimore Area?

I will keep an eye on it and see how it goes. So far it has worked fine except for roughly the same stretch of I-95 between DC and Baltimore which I find odd.
  7. R

I need to check. I purchased the car in April with a Feb Build Date.
  8. R

Just curious if anyone else in the DC area had any issues with their map/GPS? I took my first long trip in my 2020 XLT this past week and noticed somewhere around the northern outskirts of DC that the GPS wasn't working and it had my location on a straight line not following any roads. When I...
  9. R

First Oil Change?

I looked around and didn't see anything, if I missed it, I apologize. What milage/how many months are you all doing the first oil change? Are most going to suggested 3-5k? Thanks!
  10. R

Is this Normal?

Had an opportunity today to look behind the wheels and noticed 2 things that caught my attention. 1. On both sides of the Explorer the front Axle (I believe) has rust all over it. Is this normal or asking for issues down the road? 2. On the passenger side, I also noticed that the Tie Rod (I...
  11. R

FSA 20B19 Transmission Shift Hesitation

Need to follow this s today for the first time I had a slight pause while the transmission changed. This was the first time I really got on it in sport mode though.
  12. R

SSI Tuned 2020 Explorer with 2.3L

Sounds good. How aggressive is the tune in regards to pushing the motor? I know the crank is forged but I do not think the rods or anything else is. What I did notice in lookign around is that the new mustangs with the 2.3 are making 310hp/350 trq at the same rpm's that the explorer is make...
  13. R

Preventing Hood Rust/Bubbling Paint ?

So, a common issue with Ford and the aluminum hoods is that the aluminum at the front edge of the hood will start to rust/oxidize. This leads to the paint bubbling and eventually flaking off. My question is does anyone have any methods to prevent this from happening?
  14. R

Adding Exhaust Tips to XLT

That was confusing me as well. This idea might not be worth the cost the more I think about it, especially if I decide to upgrade to an ST in a few years. I just hate how "naked" the rear looks the with the turn down exhaust kinda tucked underneath.
  15. R

I guess my main question is, will the lower valance of the Limited (has the 2 exhaust cut outs) fit on the lower rear bumper cover of the XLT, or will I need to buy a limited version of that as well? As for exhaust, if I am going to be replacing anything, I will probably go with the Borla system.
  16. R

Missing Part - Rear Air Deflector

My XLT is missing it as well, built March 2020.
  17. R

One of my only annoyances with the styling on the 2020 is the lack of exhaust tips on the XLT model. Just seeing ideas on how much of a headache it would be to put the Limited lower rear on and add the tips as well that the Limited comes with?
  18. R

Sloshing sound with full tank

Just noticed it today in my 20 XLT. Filled it up for the other day for the first time. Did not overfill or anything. I'll be honest, I didn't notice it until I was listening for it (radio/AC off). I guess I will keep an eye on it.
  19. R

Potential Problems

My apologies if any of this has been posted elsewhere. I figured maybe starting a thread on anything which might be a potential problem in the future. I am coming off of a 2013 Explorer and so far, these 2 things caught my attention based off of previous experiences. 1. Are the lug nuts...
  20. R

Door Lock Issues

I haven't had a chance to bring it in and honestly, not sure if I will at this point. As of now, the drivers door is working again but the driver side rear is not. When I click the key fob, I can hear a noise in the door where the lock mechanism is, this makes be believe that power is getting to...
  21. R

Swollen Lug Nut Replacement

Anyone happen to know the part number for the ones that fit the base model wheels as they are different from the others?
  22. R

Door Lock Issues

I just read it but I don't think this is the same as I don't have the IA doors. With mine, the key FOB OR the door controls inside the driver door will unlock the driver lock and sometimes not the rear. Again, the rear tends to not work when it is really cold outside.
  23. R

Door Lock Issues

I believe this is the same issue I am having. My drivers door no longer locks or unlocks with the Key FOB. The rear driver side door is intermittent (don't use the passenger rear often, so can't say really). I will add that this started last winter and then went away when temps warmed up and I...
Back