Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 0

Altezzas melting!!!!

Re: Re: Altezza's Leak Electrical tape worked great for me, just wrap it around the junction between bulb and taillight as well as that little "air hole" above the turn signal.
  2. 0

huy

Sorry to hear about that, that sucks. Just curious though, how do you know it was stuck under the windshield wiper? I would have imagined the front end wouldn't be very telling of the exact location.
  3. 0

Fender bender. question

Thanks for the replies guys, I'm going to run the gamut on those products trying to fix it.
  4. 0

Fender bender. question

El moron buddy wasn't paying attention and love tapped my rear bumper. No dents or anything, it was a slow hit while he was trying to park, but it did cause what looks to be scuffing/possibly scraping on the chrome along where his front plastic bumper hit. Anyone know of a way to fix this or...
  5. 0

Blackjack pic

Nice ride, looks very clean/well done. I'm curious, I have a '00 and did the LUND Lunar Visor also, but the shop that mounted it ended up having to modify the brackets in order to get it to mount at all and LUND was of zero help with suggestions/explanations for why it wouldn't fit properly...
  6. 0

00 XLT

Thanks again for the compliments, got the clear corners from a local 4x4 shop, Olympic Offroad, got the Altezza tails from autosyndicate.com Not sure if they're still in business or not, their site as far as I know is still "Under construction"
  7. 0

Subaru Commercial!!! Explorer Sport vs. Subaru Outback ground clearance????

Like Robert aluded to, one thing to consider is the approach and departure angles. My mom has a Limited 99 Outback and when I park next to her it's pretty obvious she couldn't do the same things I can with my Explorer. They might have comparable ground clearance, but I can't see how it would...
  8. 0

Xenon Blue Superwhites HIDs and POLICE

Didn't see it mentioned specifically, but even true HID conversions aren't legal. If your car doesn't have separate bulbs for low/high beams, you can get dinged for that. Another thing about cars with HID, as far as WA State law goes, if you don't have an auto-leveling device to keep the HID...
  9. 0

xenon HID headlights???

I think I didn't make a strong enough distinction between the knock-off $30 Xenon bulbs and the true HID well enough in my last post. What it boils down to is the $30 bulbs only mimic color of true HID, not light output. The $30 bulbs use higher wattages to try to get similar light output of...
  10. 0

xenon HID headlights???

There are two characteristics to a bulb's light output: color temperature and actual light output. Color temperature is the color of the light. As for actual light output, that is rated in candelas, lumens, etc. and these are measurements of the actual intensity/light energy given off by the...
  11. 0

How long do brakes last?

I just had all my brake pads replaced and rotors resurfaced at 39k miles because they were squealing slightly. Ford "Quality Care" claimed all four pads were severely worn and the rotors were worn down pretty bad too. They weren't very straightforward about it and did it without my...
  12. 0

What kind of metal/chrome polish do you use?

Turtle Wax Chrome Polish works for me!
  13. 0

2001 Explorer Sport - Peeling Door Handles

If I remember right when I bought my Explorer it had something like a factory 3yr/36k warranty on the paint/"appearance". You have to be covered under something by the factory still seeing as you're under 1yr/10k.
  14. 0

Silver Explorer

Nice color, wish it had been available on the earlier models.
  15. 0

Silver Explorer

I've been toying with the idea also, always thought an Explorer in Mercedes-Benz's "Brilliant Silver" would look great. Here's a silver rendition of mine I did a month or so ago, it's a little crude but you get the idea, I think it'd look great (now how to get around that $3k bill.. :)
  16. 0

4Wheelin's '93 Sport 4x4

And I always thought Black Beauty was a horse... very clean, very nice Explorer.
  17. 0

Cleaning wheel wells...

Thanks for the suggestions, went ahead and tried the tire cleaner/shine idea and it looks pretty good. Going to be looking around for chassis black too.
  18. 0

Cleaning wheel wells...

Seems kind of pointless to some degree, but there's nothing I hate more than detailing my car all day only to take it out in the sunshine and see dirty, brown wheel wells in my explorer's reflection. Anyone have any suggestions for getting your wheel wells to a nice black color? Furthest I've...
  19. 0

Glove box light?

That's odd, my 2000 4-door has a glovebox light, I put a blue 194 bulb in mine too
  20. 0

New (Used!) 1998 EB SOHC

Looks awesome Sean, simply awesome. Can't wait to see what you add next.
  21. 0

Explorer Speed Grille?

http://www.streetscene.com/enter.html?target=Street_Scene_Equipment_InczoSpeed_Grille_Inserts.html Same site RYTM1 listed, they might have just updated it, this page has a listings for late model Explorers, no pictures yet though.
  22. 0

Fender Flares

Wanting to put some flares on my vehicle, wondering if anyone knows whether or not 2000 Eddie Bauer flares will fit on my XLT (going to paint them of course). Been to 2 dealer parts stores and all they have are schematics of 94 Eddie's. Don't really want to pay $375 for flares I can't use, any...
  23. 0

Puddle Lights - FAQ

I had Blue 194's, just replaced them with superwhite 194's because the blue ones were fading. Comparing the superwhites with the regular clears, they look to have about the same light output. As far as I know neither LUKS, B1 Hybrid, APC, SOEI or PIAA make superwhites in that large of a bulb...
  24. 0

Final word on clear tails?

From reading so so many webpages and laws, what I can best gleen from them on legality is this: 1. Brake lights must be red. 2. The red light must be made by a clear light bulb behind a red lens. 3. You must have a red reflex reflector visible on the side of the car. ...there are others...
  25. 0

Puddle Lights - FAQ

168/194's work well, not as big but they still fit.
Back