Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 8

A4ld Wanted!!!

Hi all, looking for a good a4ld 4x4 for my 92. I live in the North Jersey area.... Thanks
  2. 8

A4ld Needed

I'm in need of a good used or new A4LD for my 92. Its just a spare truck so I don't need anything insane. I live in the North Jersey area. Thanks for the help.
  3. 8

A4ld

Anyone have a good one for cheap in the North Jersey area? Front seal went in mine and with my luck the trans is shot. Thanks
  4. 8

Compressor took a crap!!!

Thought it took ester oil? My friend said you gotta oil it yourself, theres a fill line....:thumbdwn:
  5. 8

What kinda oil for the compressor with 134A, and how do i fill it with oil?
  6. 8

I replaced the orface tube when I converted to 134A. Changed condenser/evaporator/and orface. The lines are original and in fine shape. just compressor went from being old I guess. I guess I have to bring it to a shop which I didn't wanna do.....:(
  7. 8

Ok, a/c comressor took a crap. (seized up) Can I just buy a new compressor and pop it in, and recharge it with 134A? It was converted like 2 years ago and everything replaced but the compresor.
  8. 8

Stupid Question?

It works the same way on an automatic, i just can find the stupid thing...lol
  9. 8

Stupid Question?

Wheres the neutral safty switch on my 1992 Explorer. Its automatic.... Thanks a bunch ;)
  10. 8

HELP! 92 won't start when hot!!!

Ok, there is no power and the red wire blue stripe when this happens, then it cools down a bit then it starts and then obviosley theres power. I replaced the solinoid, but still the same....Maybe the ignition switch??? Or neutral safety switch??? With 210,000 and driving my baby over 600 miles a...
  11. 8

HELP! 92 won't start when hot!!!

Hi, I have a 92 that will not start when its hot. What I mean is i gotta jump the solinoid. I don't get it, but evertime i try to solve the problem the truck cools down and starts right up. Its driving me crazy and now with summer comming its gonna get worse. Its kinda embarassing jumping the...
  12. 8

Rim size???

so i guess a 15x8 with a 5x4.5 bolt pattern would be perfect? i have 31x10.5x15 BFG's to put on the new wheels too...
  13. 8

Rim size???

Hi, what is the stock rim size on a 92 Sport? I mean the backspacing and offset? What size 15in wheel should I look into? 15x5x4.5??? Thanks
  14. 8

Brakes From Hell!!!

....well last night I changed the pads and calipers....so far so good. I guess maybe the calipers were bad??? Who knows, but i've never ever seen this problem....well if it happens again, i'll let you all know.. thanks for the help everyone!!! ;) :thumbsup:
  15. 8

Brakes From Hell!!!

Ya, everything was replaced last time I did the brakes....calipars,rotors pads,pins, and I just changed the pads this time and the pins cause there only like 10 bucks....just for some reason the damn tab on the pad snaps and the pad flys out....everything goes back together and comes apart...
  16. 8

Brakes From Hell!!!

THe calipar pins are replaced everytime I do the brakes. I'll apply the brakes, and all I hear is a snap and the clip on the outer pad, brakes and the pad flys out of the truck and then its calipar to rotor contact. It makes no sense to me....i've never seen this before..... :mad:
  17. 8

Brakes From Hell!!!

Hello all, I have a 1992 Explorer Sport that is pretty much stock. My problem is front brakes!!! I just went through my first set since I changed them and it took me 3 sets to get a pair that the outer pad doesn't fall out..... now I did them again on Sunday and today on the way to work the...
  18. 8

A/c Help!!!

The link doesn't work. :(
  19. 8

A/c Help!!!

Hello, I have a 92 Ex, and when I bought it 2yrs ago the a/c was fine. Then the compressor went so I said the hell with it, and replaced everything. I got it back and it worked great. In May this year the compressor went again so it was out of warranty, so I replaced it myself. As I was changing...
  20. 8

Poll: How long has your A4LD Lasted?

My original one lasted to 190,000 and I just replaced it and the second one lasted a week. Nice tranny! I'm fixxing it one more time and selling it. :mad:
  21. 8

Whos a good rebuilder?

I was just wondering if any of you know whos a good rebuilder for A4LDs out here on the east coast. I live in Northern Jersey. Thanks :thumbsup:
  22. 8

A4ld From Hell!!!

It doesn't move in any forward gears now, and I just had to get towed. I'm gonna contact the shop I ordered from. This is just my luck!!! :mad:
  23. 8

A4ld From Hell!!!

I guess it was rebuilt recently. Its been in the truck since the beginning of December.
  24. 8

A4ld From Hell!!!

Opps sorry, but any help will do. Where should I start do you think?
  25. 8

A4ld From Hell!!!

$1000. 00 with the converter. Could it be a vacuum problem? Could it be the modulator? Can the gonvenor be checked with out pulling the trans? This truck is driving me crazy.... thanks
Back