• Register Today It's free!

Compressor took a crap!!!

88PONY

Reaction score
City, State
Nutley NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
92 Sport
Ok, a/c comressor took a crap. (seized up) Can I just buy a new compressor and pop it in, and recharge it with 134A? It was converted like 2 years ago and everything replaced but the compresor.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I replaced the orface tube when I converted to 134A. Changed condenser/evaporator/and orface. The lines are original and in fine shape. just compressor went from being old I guess. I guess I have to bring it to a shop which I didn't wanna do.....:(

Replacing all my Ac tomorrow. compressor, condenser, drier, orifice tube & o rings. You should just be able to replace the compressor. Make sure it's filled with the correct oil.

What kinda oil for the compressor with 134A, and how do i fill it with oil?

It should come pre oiled. Mine did. I think you need pag oil. But I'm not sure how much.

Thought it took ester oil? My friend said you gotta oil it yourself, theres a fill line....:thumbdwn:

Use PAG 47 or 100 oil. The system uses 7oz total, put 3 - 4 oz in compressor.

The compressor will come with some sort of directions, they usually include discarding shippping oil. There is no line in the FS10 compressor.

Back