Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. A

Tire size sure fit on 02? 265/75/16

I have 265/70-16 on my stock rims with absolutely no rubbing with the wheels at full turn. They fill the wheel well nicely. I have a decent picture if anyone would like to post it for me. Thanks.
  2. A

Gas modified by Acetone results

How do you know that this acetone won't cause any long term damage? You know, things like seals and such?
  3. A

Titanvs F150

I know a guy who bought the four door model. He told me a story about him and his went out with an ATV in the bed to do some muddin'..... On their return trip home he had to slam on the brakes (for some reason or another) and the bed flexxed soooo much that the ATV handle bars smashed the back...
  4. A

265/70/16 Bridgestone Dueler H/T

you gotta be careful though...... a 275 tire is really only for a 7.5 inch wide rim. The stock rims are 7" wide.
  5. A

If you are looking for a 33" tire, you'll either need to go for a 33" tire or look at a 275/75 tire, which by the way will not fit on stock rims.
  6. A

I have the Dueler A/T REVOS and I love them. If I could find someone to post the picture I could let you see. I think the H/L and A/T tires are pretty silimar. I don't have any lift or drop on the truck, but the tires fill the well very nicely. BTW, no rubbing at full throw of the wheel.
  7. A

recommend an all terrain

I bought some Bridgestone Dueler REVOs a couple of weeks ago and absolutely love them. I've only gone about 2000 miles on them, but I have no complaints so far. Look into them. A little pricy, but if you buy 5 from a Firestone, you can probably get a real good deal. I bought 5 and got a $220...
  8. A

2003 Explorer Fuel Filter Location

The filter is located just in front of the fuel tank on the underside of the truck. As far as tools needed, I'm not too sure. Good luck.
  9. A

Another Tire Size Question

I bought some Bridgestone Dueler REVOs yesterday. They are nice. I went with the 265/70-16 and they fill the wheel well perfectly. It's too early to tell how they affect the ride/gas milage/or anything else. So far, they are better than the Michellen's that were on there stock. I'll update...
  10. A

Anyone ever experience Fram oil filter probs?

I used to use Fram doubleguard filters, but after reading all the horror stories I started to use Motorcraft. I just changed my oil and filter last Thursday and I decided to try the K&N oil filter. I am hoping that maybe I can keep it on a little bit longer than 5k miles. We'll see.
  11. A

Best cold air Intake

I just put a MAC intake in and I am thourghly enjoying it.
  12. A

Inaccurate speedo in 2004 X

I know that Honda and Toyota make it to where their speedometers are set a little on the fast side to help keep people dirving a little slower on the highways. I also think that Ford is doing it purposefully to their newer models for the same reason. My speedometer also runs about 3 mph faster...
  13. A

no b.s. review of the 3rd gen explorers???

I have a 2003 XLT with the v-8. I've had no real problems. The rearend was replaced due to the whine most everyone experienced. The back glass recall was done, but I never had a problem with the glass before the recall. I still rides as smooth as the day I bought it and runs a little...
  14. A

My review of 05 Mustang GT

I got to drive one about a week ago. Unfortuneatly it was an automatic, but man was it quick. That stock exhaust has one sweet growl to it. It literally flew on the highway.
  15. A

Whats your MPG at 78 mph?

I ususally get between 19 and 21 with a V8. 2003 XLT, with a single flowmaster 40 and a K&N drop in filter.
  16. A

U HAUL AGAINST EXPLORERS!!!!

In August of 2003 I rented a U-haul trailer and towed it from Louisiana to Virginia. I wanted to rent an auto trialer to move my other car behind my X and NO ONE, I mean NO ONE, will rent a trialer to me because of this U-haul crap. I went to Budget and they told me I had to rent one of their...
  17. A

Aftermarket v-8 exhaust

I have an 03 XLT with the V-8 and had a Flowmaster 40 put on this past August and I absolutely love the sound. I had a muffler shop put it in and they used most of the existing stock pipe. The only real change was a new piece from the flange to the new muffler and a 2 foot long 3" tip out the...
  18. A

Shelby Ford Expedition...

It looks like they tried to go "tuner" with it. I think it looks ricey. SUX imo.
  19. A

Hybrid conversion options

I hate to break it to you, but the weight of the explorer plus the required power just to turn the drivetrain might be too much for that motor. It would require constant max amperage on that motor just to keep the ex moving. I would consider looking for a different motor with a higher torque...
  20. A

SEA FOAM!!!

Where on my '03 is the TB line located? I used the Brake booster line a few months ago and got all kinds of smoke and a noticable improvement on performance. Help me out, please.
  21. A

Muffler for 3rd Gen Explorers

I have an 03 with the 4.6 and recently put a Flowmaster 40 on it and I love the sound. The shop also put a 3" chrome tip on it for me and the only reason that I really hear the exhaust is that tip resonates between 1300 and 2300 rpm. Other than that it isn't too loud.
  22. A

Where are all the Virginia Explorers??

VA Beach here myself. e-mail me at ANDYLANT2003@yahoo.com the next time you go out. I'd like to have a look at where y'all go. Thanks in advance.
  23. A

New name for ECX/XX VOTE!

What area? I would like to find other "Extreme Explorer" people to hang with and such. In all seriousness though, I'm around Alexandria (the neighborhood).
  24. A

BIG changes about to occur (Please Read)

I would love to join an explorer club. Fill me in on the details and I'll do what I can. I'm working on pictures.
  25. A

Here are some B&A Photos

Hey fellas!! I live in Va Beach as well, however, I'm setting my X for street only. I was thinkning of trying to start up a VA Beach club of some sort. What do ya think? I'll be putting up some pics as soon as I get my camera fixed.
Back