james t

Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Texarkana AR/TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 SAS sport
Sunday, a good friend of mine came over in his brand new GT 5spd. I got to drive it....... and i drove the ever living **** out of it. :D Words cannot describe how much more solid feeling this car is than the 04's. You hear all the reviews talking about how much more rigid it is, how much better it rides, etc. etc. but you cant get a good idea without driving them back to back. It really is a better car overall. More interior room, better ride quality, better handling, and well it just feels so much tighter.

Engine- IMHO Ford really came through with the new 3 valve 4.6. Yes, its "only" 300hp but what really surprised me was the flat torque curve. It comes on like an LS1..... it really has a seamless kindof torque that pulls from idle to redline. I cant remember were the rev limiter was, but i tagged it twice. :p Compare the new 300hp 3 valve to the older 300hp 4 valve like the old Cobra or Mach 1 and the new 3 valve makes the 4 valve seem peaky and weak on the low end. I was very surprised.

Overall i really dig it, and after my wife finishes school at the end of '05 we will be in the market for one. :)

gt1.jpg

gt2.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I love that look, like a late 60s fastback or Mach 1. :thumbsup:

once i pay my loan off i am gonna buy one...i can finally afford it

To add- there is no doubt Ford built the car with "some other engine" in mind. There is tons of room underhood.... you can reach your arm inbetween the motor and the inner fenders and touch the ground. There is no doubt a 4 valve 5.4 would fit in there. ;)

Also, as said in other reviews the rear inner fender lips are rolled and the wheelwells are large. Feeling around inside the rear fenders tells me you can stuff some huge meats on the back of this car with no mods.

To add- it will indeed bark a 4th on damp pavement @ 75mph with the traction control turned off. ;)

james t said:
To add- there is no doubt Ford built the car with "some other engine" in mind. There is tons of room underhood.... you can reach your arm inbetween the motor and the inner fenders and touch the ground. There is no doubt a 4 valve 5.4 would fit in there. ;)

/

I like that quarter panel window there. I never notice that before. Kinda cool! :thumbsup:

Oh BTW James, your local dealer called. They want the loaner back. :D

Haha, dealers around here cant keep the new stangs long enough to loan them. Bad part- buddy had to drive an hour to Shreveport (Louisiana) to buy one at full retail. Dealers around here are marking them up $2-3000. :rolleyes:

I got to drive one about a week ago. Unfortuneatly it was an automatic, but man was it quick. That stock exhaust has one sweet growl to it. It literally flew on the highway.

Back