Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. K

Hitting animals

hasnt been in the Explorer but ive hit some wildlife in my moms Sunfire when i go to town at night. countless rabbits, racoons, birds and other small critters. biggest was about a month ago a coyote decided to run out, tore off the front bumper cover and turn signal lights. cost like $100 to get...
  2. K

First Accident

Glad everyone is ok but sucks that happened. whats up with ohio traffic? every show with bad/crazy drivers 75% of the show is in Ohio?? is it really as bad as the shows make it look?
  3. K

Worst stuck pic thread

LMAO love it!
  4. K

Hello

Welcome to the forum.
  5. K

Explorer died while driving

Welcome to the forum. i dont know much about explorers myself yet so i have no ideas on your problem. good luck though and i hope you can get it figured out.
  6. K

Looking for low budget Subs/amp/box

Im looking for atleast one 8inch to 10inch Subwoofer, brand not important though i do favor Kicker and Memphis. i dont expect to find either of those brands for my budget just giving a reference of what i like. Something of comparative quality would be great. As far as the box im not real picky...
  7. K

cant find for sale adds/posts for subs/amps?

Thank you. i appreciate the help.
  8. K

Thanks for the help guys, where is the proper place to post a "wanted" add and do i have to be elite? i plan on becoming elite but money is tight at the moment, might be a few months.
  9. K

Im not trying to post a "Looking For" add, just wondering where i can find posts from members selling subs/amp/box. i tried the classifieds section but all i seen was vehicles, parts, or non car related? or is there no section for the audio sales? nothing worth paying for or way overpriced on my...
  10. K

Dash question

Ah, isnt he the guy who has a white 1st gen with limited front end and has a quote about being the lowest non bagged 1st gen? i want his front end if i keep mine looking like a 1st gen...
  11. K

Dash question

Thank you so much. that is a lot of help! Edit: i checked the link when i first seen your reply but now it just says no search matches?
  12. K

Dash question

Ah ok, i thought i would have to do the firewall also, thats a bit more work than i wanted, though i plan on a 302 for it as well, with a T-5 5speed. so i may need to find this Ryan and pick his brain a little. Thanks for all your help man, you've helped me out alot lately. is his user name just...
  13. K

Dash question

oh, i have to swap the firewall to change the dash? wow thats alot of work, that may be a back shelf project lol.
  14. K

Dash question

i may take you up on that 91 dash if the swap is to much, this one is rough. i guess the guy that owned it before him was drunk and started tearing into it and messed alot up. except the vinyl, its almost new. i just need everything else, gauge faces, wiring, etc. I knew of the mustang dash...
  15. K

Dash question

Ive been searching on and off for a couple days trying to see if anyone posted this before, with no luck. Ive had this idea for a little while now and wondered if it was possible without months of custom fabrications. i want to try and put a Mustang dash in my 1st gen. which one depends on...
  16. K

can i make my 1st gen look like a 2nd?

Thanks for looking anyways. i appreciate the help. i just noticed that the 1st gen offers almost no aftermarket visuals; head lights, tail lights, bumpers, etc. and as far as grilles the best ive found yet was a Limited edition grille.
  17. K

Thank you! thats exactly what i was looking for! Don did an awesome job on it. it will be a while before i do the 2nd gen look, first is getting it running how i want then body work. thanks for all the help everyone!
  18. K

Thanks for the link, but i figured the front bolted up fairly easy because i knew a kid that did it to his ranger, but i want the tail end as well, (tail lights at minimum). anyone every done or seen that done to a explorer?
  19. K

Ive searched this section for hours and cant find a post on this subject. if there is and i missed it can someone provide a link? i found a 2nd gen explorer that was a "Saleen" (dont know if real or cloned) i loved how it looked. im getting a 91 so its not the right body style for the kit...
  20. K

New to the site and explorer scene

if there is a dipstick that will make it alot easier. my friend wasnt sure if this one would have it or not(he works for a transmission shop). i keep hearing more from the guy who has it now and sounds like he doesnt know whats wrong but he keeps mentioning new problems all the time, which im...
  21. K

a4ld to Manual M50D Swap How-to

Thanks guys. that will help me out a lot. though it sounds like the engine might need a lot of repairs/replacing. if thats the case probably going to go for a 5.0 5speed swap all at once. still in the air, i need to get the thing here so i can find out exactly what it needs instead of guessing...
  22. K

a4ld to Manual M50D Swap How-to

does anyone know the specific trans im looking for to replace my auto? did the 1st gen come from the factory with a stick option? could i just buy a stick trans out of a 2wd and put it in mine? EDIT: i know i can search google, but thought id see if anyone knew off the top of their head so i...
  23. K

it is an auto trans. the guy says its slipping a little but still engages all gears fine. How do i check it? i dont have the explorer with me just yet still working off the payments before i can get it. does it have a trans dip stick or will i have to do it off the trans itself? ive been reading...
  24. K

Love the way your Explorer looks, where did you get that from?
  25. K

really?! wow ok ill look around. thats really helpful to be able to find parts on here.
Back