Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

Bad Clutch Fan?

I went ahead and ordered the clutch fan and the water pump since the water pump was only $40 on www.rockauto.com . Seems to be a pretty straight forward replacement on both of those especially renting the clutch fan wrench set. Great heads up on the Y split of the heater hoses. I hadn't had a...
  2. T

Bad Clutch Fan?

06' Explorer Limited 4.6 V8 - So my fan is staying on most of the time and only disengages occasionally. Is this a common problem? Also, it appears that I have a small coolant leak somewhere above the frame rail on the passenger side. Coolant is full and there is no rhyme or reason as to when...
  3. T

06 4.6 Limited - Motor Done

It's definitely repairable but not sure its worth it. The truck has given me several problems over the 4 years that I've owned it. As for the cause, I have no idea. If you look at the picture close it looks to me like the lobe next to it has a ridge or at least a worn groove where it appears...
  4. T

06 4.6 Limited - Motor Done

Started with a ticking noise and a misfire. Just received word from my mechanic this morning that I have a lobe wore off of the camshaft. 143,000 miles and I have religiously changed the oil and always used 5W20 as recommended by Ford. Anyone else have any issues like this? Looks like now I...
  5. T

U1900 code 06 Explorer Limited

Okay, so finally got a break from work and dropped the pan and changed the fluid and filter. I was only able to get a little over 4 quarts of fluid out of the pan. Should it be more? With the new fluid, a noticeable difference in the firmness of the shifting and overall seems to run better...
  6. T

Makes perfect sense. I'll change the fluid today and post the results. Thanks!
  7. T

I did buy the Merc SP fluid. No doubt on that one. Any specific reasons for not using the Lucas? I have used Lucas for oil and transmissions for years with great results. Anyone on here have bad luck with it in the 6R60? I definitely don't want to cause other issues.
  8. T

I bought the fluid yesterday as well as Lucas additive to put in with it. The filter had to be ordered and will be in today. I'll drop the pan Saturday morning. Wish me luck!
  9. T

Thanks Steve6534! I'll definitely try a fluid and filter change first. Talked with the shop this morning and he mentioned a new torque converter costing $1,000!
  10. T

06 Explorer V8. 6 speed auto transmission. 2WD. Seems like a transmission problem. At steady speeds the RPM's jump a little intermittently. Like tonight driving through town 35mph. RPM's jump from 1200 to 1500 or so over and over. Other times it will seemingly "search for a gear"? It...
  11. T

2006 Explorer 6 speed transmission shifting issue - update

I'm not sure how they checked it, I dropped it off and went to work. It is even on my receipt that it was checked and the level was ok. I read somewhere that it takes a while for the transmission to "learn" itself and it may take a while before I could notice the changes from the reprogram...
  12. T

So I had to break down and take the truck to the dealer yesterday. I didn't have time to do it myself with work being crazy. They checked the transmission fluid level and it was fine. No sign of burnt fluid. I asked them about the TBS-07-23-2 program update. He called later and said that...
  13. T

Ok, work has been crazy and so on so I have done nothing to remedy this. I park in a garage, and I do see some signs of a very small leak. It could possibly be transmission fluid. I am not aware of a way to check the fluid level on this truck. Do I have to take it in to the dealer to have a...
  14. T

3rd row electric seat back won't elevate.

Just used the passenger side seat this weekend. Now it is also stuck in the "UP" position. It will move back and forth a couple of inches at the most. Ford should most definietly have recalled these. Over $500 in parts alone to have power seats? Ridiculous.
  15. T

Strange noise coming from rear speakers?

Thank you! Seems to be the same issue.
  16. T

Strange noise coming from rear speakers?

Okay so I'm a newbie here but I did search and didn't find anything on this subject. First of all its a 2006 Limited. Very intermittently, what sounds like the rear drivers side speaker (really not completely sure it's the speaker but it comes from that vacinity) makes a noise that isn't very...
  17. T

3rd row electric seat back won't elevate.

06 Limited, drivers side 3rd row seat stuck in the "up" position. Motor turns, gear is apparently stripped. I'm leaving for vacation in a couple of weeks and really don't want to spend the money to repair. I won't need the 3rd row on vacation necessarily so is there any way to release the...
  18. T

I bought an 06 2WD Limited back in February. It has had the issue of hesitation after stopping since day 1. At first I thought it was just the way it was supposed to drive. Otherwise it is an awesome vehicle. I am going to call tomorrow to schedule a flash on the tranny. It is worse than...
Back