Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

Towing with a 2000 Explorer XLT

Happy New Year. I have a 2000 Explorer XLT in fantastic condition. I want to tow a 6 x 12' flat bed trailer with a 2000 lb. capacity. My drive train, tires, brakes and suspension and Reese hitch are in perfect shape. Any pointers anyone can offer me on doing this? I appreciate it. Thanks
  2. D

Random windshield wiper operation

I own a 2000 Explorer XLT. Occasionally, tho more often now, the windshield wipers will do a few swipes. No doubt an electrical issue. Has anyone else experienced this and how did you resolve it? Thanks
  3. D

2000 Explorer xlt tach problem

So this morning as sat in my 2000 Explorer xlt with a 5.0 and 310,000 miles, I heard a pop noise from the instrument cluster area of my dash. Then I noticed my tach showed I was idling at 6000 rpm! As I drove, the tach would bounce up. So, after I shut it off, the instrument cluster makes a...
  4. D

2000 Explorer XLT Hatch won't close

Hey there, I have a 2000 Ford Explorer XLT. Bought it in 2004 and the rear hatch has always made a binding sound that originates from the hinges. Fast forward to 2000 and the hatch no longer lines up with the opening to allow the hatch to close in place as it once did. The hatch seems to ride...
  5. D

door ajar light stays on

I have a 2000 Explorer XLT with 200,000 miles on it. Runs perfect, doesn't leak a drop. Life is good. Problem is, recently when I put the vehocle in gear, after taking my foot off the brake, the doors don't automatically lock. Doesn't happen every time, just some of the time. The door ajar light...
  6. D

Front end alignment

ExplorerDMB, Thanks for the link to that. It helped a lot. Looks like I'll be getting a new set of tires. Thanks to all of you who responded so quickly.
  7. D

Front end alignment

Hello, I have a 2000 Explorer XLT with all wheel drive. For 5 months or so now the service advisor has been telling me I need a new left front tire and a front end alignment. I finally made an appointment for after work and took it in. The advisor quoted $89.00 for the alignment and 160...
  8. D

help!!! keyless remote

I have a 2000 XLT and when I bought it, I had the same problem. Take it to a Ford dealer and they have a diagnostic tool that will electronically read that #. It costs $75.00. Good luck.
  9. D

O/D LIght Flashing

Thanks IZwack, Believe it or not, after I posted this, the Explorer had sat for 90 minutes. I went out, started it, noticed the idle was higher than normal and the light was still flashing. After driving a few blocks the light went off and I could feel a change in the way it drove. Back to...
  10. D

O/D LIght Flashing

Happy Holidays everyone. On my way home from work this afternoon,I felt a surge in speed, even tho I had the accelerator in roughly the same position. I also felt a bit of a "clunk" in the tranny. Then I noticed the O/D OFF light was flashing, instead of a steady glow. Numerous pushes on the O/D...
  11. D

Wally's thoughts on SensaTracs

I just had a set of four, Monroe shocks installed on my XLT a month ago. Not sure which model they are, but, I do know they made a heck of a difference on the XLT. The original shocks had 83,000 miles on em. Nowif I can just get rid of that front end squeeking problem :)
  12. D

Door lock code locations

Happy Labor Day, Where do I look to find the door unlock/lock codes?
  13. D

explorer mpg?

I have a 2000 XLT, 5.0, 83,000 miles, 5 previous owners, lol, use Phillips 87 octane fuel and just had my first oil change since i bought it at 80,000 miles. Around town, so far I'm getting 18 mpg. I haven't done any road trips with it yet, but, might spend a tank of fuel this coming weekend...
  14. D

Bel 820 manual

You might try this site, http://www.beltronics.com/ They might be able to help you out.
  15. D

Rear window wiper arm problem

Hey Scar, Thanks a lot. That thread was very helpful. I'll take a look at the wiper arm today. I knew there was more to it than just bending the arm.
  16. D

Rear window wiper arm problem

Hi, I purchased a 2000 Explorer XLT a few months ago. Had a few probs with it,but the one I'm not sure how to resolve is that the rear window wiper blade only seems to touch a third or so of the rear window when it's wiping. I tried a new blade and the results were the same. The service manager...
Back