Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. MadScotsMan

Back In The Fold..Sort Of

As some of you folks remember, I used to have a 1996 Explorer that was lifted and all that, well, now I am about to acquire my Dad's 2000 Ranger XLT with 150,000 miles and a 4.0 V-6. It needs a lot of work and will, as time and money allows, be modified to perform better off-road. Any...
  2. MadScotsMan

Looking to get back into an Explorer..Opinions?

My '05 Leggy Nice 'ru, zero ground clearance... That is why I'm looking for a new one. Both the ones I was looking at are sold, so I'm still on the hunt.
  3. MadScotsMan

For Sale 2002 Explorer Sport Trac 4x4.

Wow Boy, oh boy, if you were closer (and wanted a Subaru) I'd be all over that thing. That is so very, very nice!
  4. MadScotsMan

Subaru I love the 'ru but it is apparent that it is waaay too low for where I live. Plus, I am driving more to my dad's place which is pretty remote. That is why I am looking to change vehicles. If anyone know anybody who needs a Subaru, let me know! :D Thanks for the input.
  5. MadScotsMan

Okay, if I can get rid of my Subaru, I am looking at the following vehicles and i would like opinions, pros/cons, what to look for etc. #1 1998 Limited, 5.0, 63,000 miles AWD, Exceptional condition. #2 2001 Sport, 4.0, 90,000, 4WD needs windshield and there's small hole in the front bumper...
  6. MadScotsMan

Any pictures of an explorer with black wheels?

Nice I am currently looking at a 2001 Sport in black and these pices really ad to my desire to buy it! Is this vehicle lifted? I used to have a lifted '96 and regret selling it and I've always liked the Sports. Anybody intereseted in a 2005 Legacy? :D
  7. MadScotsMan

Looking to get back into an Explorer...

Howdy, I'm baaack...sort of. Looking at a '98 Limited. Anything in particular I should keep an eye out for? Rust in weird places, things that tend to fail etc? It has incredibly low mileage. Been awhile, so I thought I'd ask the experts! Thanks! MSM
  8. MadScotsMan

13th Annual Bond Auto Parts 4-Wheel Jamboree (Pictures @ post 112)

I'll be there Sunday. Saturday is questionable...can't go wheeling in a Subaru.:(
  9. MadScotsMan

Whats your ATF temperature?

Under 140-160 on the highway. 160-180 in traffic or towing. Got it up to 240 backing a trailer up a steep grade in 100 degree weather. Changed the fluid/filters after that one.
  10. MadScotsMan

A good roof rack idea?

Roof Rack If I could find a good fabricator, I'd have a full length Surco style roof rack built. I was just thinking of an inexpensive and easy (for us mechanically inept types) to add a little capacity. And Dixie, the roof rack is nice and the exhaust...way cool!:thumbsup:
  11. MadScotsMan

13th Annual Bond Auto Parts 4-Wheel Jamboree (Pictures @ post 112)

As this is just down the road from me (about five miles) I expect you can count me in!
  12. MadScotsMan

A good roof rack idea?

In one of those rare moments of genius...I think...I came up with this idea... How difficult would it be to extend the roof rack rails the full length of the roof and add a couple more cross bars to carry more stuff? It appears the ends of the rails are just capped. Would it work to just...
  13. MadScotsMan

squealling like a pig

Check your idler pulleys. Mine was squealing and it shattered and ruined the fan and belt.
  14. MadScotsMan

Trails in eastern shore Maryland?

Is Assateague closed? It wasn't last I was down that way.
  15. MadScotsMan

What is custom on your truck?

Not sure if this counts, but... A-Pilar Guages(dead links)
  16. MadScotsMan

Goðan Daginn

Welcome!
  17. MadScotsMan

Towing with 1997 XL 4.0 OHV 4x4 Auto

Cool It A good tranny cooler/filter set-up would help extend the life of your tranny. A trans temp guage is a good idea as well so you can keep an eye on things, particularly in hot weather.:burnout:
  18. MadScotsMan

teach me your ways

F150 Swap http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101035&highlight=bronco638 This is the most comprehensive thread on the F150 spring swap; tons of information here.
  19. MadScotsMan

Vermont NEX Members Met Today

Once I wash it off, I'll think of a spot to put it!
  20. MadScotsMan

Put on flows but sounds too loud?

Dang, that sounds nice.
  21. MadScotsMan

NEX Stickers Look Sweeeeeet!!! :chug::biggthump::D:chug::biggthump::D:chug::biggthump::D:chug::biggthump::D
  22. MadScotsMan

SoBe, yeah, he is kinda cute. Thankfully, he takes after his Mom!
Back