Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

It's been a hella longtime since I've posted anything and now hava gripe and question

Howdy all, Bows to all the all knowing wrench turners out there... Now, for my gripe... I've shopped twice now at the same website and been screwed twice.. No longer will I shop at RPM Outlet... Now, with that out of the way... I ordered a Throttle Body off of thier Ford SUV page that was...
  2. T

Intake Manifold question....

Thanks for the info... I appreciate the answer, I'm not looking to do anything extreme to my engine either (i.e. porting engine, supercharger) so I will more than likely stay with the 70mm to save any headaches.
  3. T

Intake Manifold question....

Once again I am coming to the all knowing forum... Does anyone know the opening measurement of the intake manifold? I'm wanting to install a aftermarket throttle body (I haven't ordered it yet). I pretty sure I can put a 70mm TB on, but I am wanting to put a 75mm TB on. Obviously, if the opening...
  4. T

NWExplorers BBQ

Thanks for the hospitality... Finally, back at work today... Now can scan the forum... Had a great time with all y'all... My wife met "the man" and so did I. Rained the whole way back... The 405 wuz a pain on the way back and glad to hear that everyone made it back home safely (albeit, a near...
  5. T

NWExplorers BBQ

Whooo Hoooo.... The weekend is almost here.... Yup, I'm still hungry :D
  6. T

NWExplorers BBQ

Thanks for the pic of the place.... Now I know what to look for... I plan to be there about 10:30ish
  7. T

Hi all... Just a quickie question about Hypertech...

Has anyone used the Hypertech Power programmer on the 3rd gen explorers yet. Found a site that is selling for $315, rpmoutlet.com... It's the cheapest yet that I have found. A local shop is selling the exact same model for $425 so, quite a savings in my book. I just haven't found a whole lot...
  8. T

How the H-E-double hockey sticks do I get wider tires on my 2002 XLT

I know it's been awhile, but... Any idea what the backspacing is for the original rims for the 2002 XLT. I have the "custom" alloy rims. Reason why I'm asking is that I'm looking for new rims that will allow me to get those wider tires I want eventually. I don't wanna buy a set and realize too...
  9. T

NWExplorers BBQ

An "official" count for me... My wife and I really looking forward to meet all y'all.... So, it will be me, my wife (Nova) and my son (Tylor, age 10)... Ugh, eight days ta go... It kindy funny, last night we were watching the food network and they had an hour long special on the history of...
  10. T

NWExplorers BBQ

Hey... Anybody hungry yet?
  11. T

Window tint for '02 Explorer

A hopeful help to your question.... I too have a 2002 explorer, I did do a bit of research on your question... With a resounding maybe, all I found was an abstract statement on some webpage that said that is was 35% on the rear windows.... Just make sure to "comply" with state tint laws if ya...
  12. T

2002 explorer rear wiper works some times

Sometimes for me too... Yeah, every once ina great while my rear wiper stops in mid stroke.... But, haven't had any further problems though... I just call it gremlins (expletive-ing) with me...
  13. T

Performance Mods available for 2002 4.6 V8 ???

I too hava 2002 XLT 4.6L.... Hey ya, birds of a feather, i guess... The only things I've done so far (since truck just recently outta warranty), is add K&N FIPK air filter, a Walker (Dynomax) exhaust and dunlop mud rover tires to replace those stupid wanna be truck tires... Just let me say...
  14. T

NWExplorers BBQ

I'm just your West-sound moral support... Hey, I just didn't want it forgotten....
  15. T

NWExplorers BBQ

Bumpity, Bump, Bump, Bump It's been a few days since last entry, I just didn't want this to get lost in the rest of the threads....
  16. T

NWExplorers BBQ

Wash the truck? Wash the truck? I thought that what rainshowers were for...
  17. T

NWExplorers BBQ

I'm getting hungry already... I hope they got enough food for all of us, should we call ahead and warn them ahead of time....
  18. T

Sorry, no pics of truck yet Sorry, too cheap to buy a digital cam, or is it because the Navy just don't pay me enough. The tire store did let me roll out a tire to set it next to my truck though... But still wish they woulda let put what I wanted to on it though.... Not too much of a hummmmmm...
  19. T

Thanks for the info... It just pisses me off a bit that tire dealers aren't willing to put on what you want... I know they have to protest themselves by the way of safety issues with tires but if I wanted to put 245/75's or 255/70's on my truck (which I did) why couldn't they just do it...
  20. T

NWExplorers BBQ

Hey Albino, since I live across the sound.... Hey could you give me a wake-up call, I gotta get up early to get there by 11:00, just kiddin'... Told my wife about the get together, she's amped up about it... She was just wondering if other ladies will be there...
  21. T

NWExplorers BBQ

I will be the first to thank Alaskan Jack.... Thank you for NOT posting any pics of you in your bathrobe at four in the afternoon... Just kidding ;)
  22. T

I've briefly browsed through the forum sites and I've often heard of spacers to "push" the tires out some... I've recently spent money on new tires 235/70/16 dunlop mud rovers (they were on sale $90 a piece) couldn't pass that up... While I was tire shopping, I asked if I could go wider and was...
  23. T

NWExplorers BBQ

So, there is a "real" BBQ place up here in the NorWest? So, are all(?) invited?... I've waited a long time to taste some real time B-B-Q... And to meet some fellow Ford Explorer site members... My wife and I are both from the Southeast and if yall are going there anytime soon, you gotta try...
  24. T

Quick Explorer update...

Oh yeah, Duh.... Yeah, I was thinking performance chip but didnt type it... Thanks for the kick in the head, Celly....
  25. T

Quick Explorer update...

Recently added K&N FIPK kit, Walker Exhaust to just stock 4.6L engine... Other than cracking the engine open, what ideas for performance yall got? All I can come up with is performance pulleys, MAF, Throttle body&spacer... stuff like that... Any ideas would help alot, thanks y'all... :D
Back