Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

Random rough idle, random perfectly smooth idle, no engine code. Please help!

replaced the DPFE today, no difference. I think the crank position sensor is next :) Does this truck use a cam position sensor? I read conflicting info at autozone.com in their repair guide info. thank god my buddy works at napa so I can keep exchanging these parts that make no difference...
  2. B

yes that is the thread I found, and like I said there's no mention of testing without a scan tool.
  3. B

I use the A/C all the time and it works perfectly, I would think if it was leaking it wouldn't be blowing cold. I swapped the IAC with another one today, we'll see how that goes. btw, I did a bunch of search's here and was unable to find any mention of testing the DPFE without a...
  4. B

I was going to swap the sensor with a spare I have from my mustang but the plug is a different shape, it's still 4 wire but the mustang plug is round while the explorer's is more rectangular...
  5. B

the plugs that came out of the truck when I replaced them had no signs of corrosion, the plug gap was too large but they were all light grey. I had a blown headgasket on my mustang back in Jan. and one of the plugs came out rusted and wet as the only sign other than overheating and occasional...
  6. B

the DPFE malfunctioning would set a code P0401 or P0402, not P0300 (random/multiple cylinder misfire). how would I "check" it without having a scan tool that does that?
  7. B

still working on it, I replaced the battery as the alternator came back as testing fine. I've been driving around with a fuel pressure gauge hooked up to the shrader valve, it idles at 30psi when warm, koeo it's at 36psi. when I turn it off, the fuel pressure does not bleed down at all...
  8. B

have not found a fix, it died on me 3 times on sunday. I am replacing the battery (which was dead 1 day after a 800 mile roadtrip) and the IAC valve tomorrow, I had to order the parts and they'll be in tomorrow. I ohm tested the IAC, and it was at 10ohms, but from either of the connectors...
  9. B

nice, I have a couple stock mass air sensors in my garage from my mustangs
  10. B

throttle body is fine. I'm fairly certain it's a sensor issue, grounding issue, or unmetered air, but I have no idea where to go next since there is no codes. I was hoping somebody here had run into the same symptoms.
  11. B

Originally this sprung up and I got a code of 0300, multiple/random cylinder missfire. After replacing a few parts and clearing the code the code has not come back, however the symptom remains. It happens at idle, but it also occurs all the way up the rpm band, it's a very rough choppy...
  12. B

Rough idle, engine code 1151..ideas?

fuel pressure is fine, I tested in 3 weeks ago so I forget what it was exactly but it matched what the tag on the radiator support called for. cold/hot doesn't seem to matter. when I installed the plug wires yesterday I reset the code, it was 0300 random/multiple cylinder misfire.
  13. B

what I have done: removed and cleaned MAF sensor removed and cleaned IAC valve new motorcraft fuel filter new motorcraft plug wires new autolite platinum plugs gapped at 0.054 the plug wires are on correctly, they were installed with a squirt of dialectric grease on each end. vacuum...
  14. B

changed the wires today, and cleared the code, the rough idle came back! 1151 code was not there this time. Today the code was 0300, which is the random / multiple cylinder misfire code. next part to throw at it...coil pack???
  15. B

I'm going to ignore that until this random rough idle is fixed. I'm thinking the misfiring is casuing the o2 sensor on that side to read out of range, which is throwing that code, the code is thrown for the O2 sensor because it's reading is so far out of range the computer thinks it is missing...
  16. B

removed and cleaned the IAC, still running rough...at completely random times. I'm thinking it's the coil packs or plug wires now. I had the good fortune of having it do it when I parked at home tonight, and it did it in drive, then I put it in park and set the brake and it was still...
  17. B

Rough idle, engine code 0300..ideas? Randomly the idle on my truck is perfectly smooth, then at random stops it's really rough, and the voltmeter needle dances around too. I just: changed fuel filter changed plugs (autolite platinums, gap set to .052) cleaned MAF sensor wires with...
  18. B

steering shudders, moving or not, when turning fast

thanks, note to self, turn the engine on and waste the gas next time :roll:
  19. B

it seems to have gone away on my drive home tonight, as it didn't happen and I tried to make it do it. I do know that if you turn the wheel with the engine off enough that pressure will build up in the rack and blow the p/s cap off and fluid out everywhere. I've had that happen to a friends...
  20. B

Any ideas? I flushed the brake fluid yesterday and in so doing turned the wheel to the lock in each direction with the engine off when I bleed the fronts, that's the only thing I can think of that could have damaged something? I've done the same thing on dozens of other cars while bleeding...
  21. B

1996 - drivers mirror replacement

that would be a wonderful solution for me but the backing plate is missing from my mirror because the mirror was popped out of the housing...
  22. B

there is no glue involved, the mirror clips in in 4 places. and there are 2 rubber insulation pieces on 2 of the clips (the ones that control the pivot of the mirror from the motors) and 1 of the rubber pieces is missing, I assume it went with the mirror :fire:
  23. B

so I was at the junkyard today (1/2 price day - scored 3 superchargers and 3 sets of 30lb injectors for $160 :cool: ) and when I got back to my truck in the parking lot, some ghetto mf'er had stolen the drivers side mirror glass! I went back into the junkyard but unfortunately there were...
  24. B

Just looking for replacement bulbs...that arent ricey.

where...? And are they comparable at ~$25 for both sets?
  25. B

Just looking for replacement bulbs...that arent ricey.

My fog light bulbs blew up because the seals went bad and moisture got inside, so I re-sealed them up but noticed that just the plain bulbs at kragen are $20/pair :thumbdwn: From this site: http://autolumination.com/headlights.htm I can get a set of 9007's and the H3 fogs for $23 with...
Back