Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

Intermittent P2135 code even after common replacements

I hope it's okay to say this intermittent P2135 code is straight from hell. The first replacement we did was replace the throttle body with an aftermarket one. Then the accelerator pedal position sensor. Then finally, the connector pigtail that goes to the throttle body. Still wrench icon and...
  2. R

Solved 2007 Explorer ac switch to defrost vents

Wow. I am finally able to update this post. Could not log back in for months even with requesting a password reset. However, it finally worked today. In the end, it was the check valve. But just replacing it did not work until we added some shrink tubing to get a better seal.
  3. R

We have four of the silver vacuum actuators or whatever they are called (so many different names) for them online. We have one to the left connected to a yellow vacuum line. Then we have one with a leveler that operates the vents and did that perfectly attached to a red vacuum line. Then one...
  4. R

Bumping the post to make sure we are checking the correct items suggested before taking loose the dash area where the radio is to check the silver canisters and whatever else we can find. Thanks for helping! Still searching the forum. I see other posts. I can't believe this seems simple but the...
  5. R

This is a picture of our HVAC head unit. We have the turn-dial version. We have two lines running from the reservoir (hoping that is the black, capsule-looking thing underneath the passenger floorboard shown in the picture). The black vacuum line ran to the vacuum check, in which we tested and...
  6. R

We changed out the one-way valve. That was the first thing we did, no dice. I just got a break at work and went outside and rechecked, it appears to be in the right direction according to this link but will ask hubby to double check once home...
  7. R

We do not have the electronic digital HVAC control in our SUV, we have the turn dial.
  8. R

We have been trying to track down this problem for a few weeks now. So any suggestions would be appreciated. When going up a hill and giving it just a bit more juice (from 70 to like 75) it changes from the front/direct vents that cool the driver and the passenger to the defrost vents up by the...
  9. R

Off and On Oil Leak

Okay, still thinking oil leak (like a drip since oil still registers full) is valve cover (driver side). Has smell of burnt oil off and on. For example, yesterday morning I smelled the burnt oil scent. Got home, pull the hood, and it was smoking on the exhaust manifold joint. Something is...
  10. R

Looking to buy a 4th gen. Do any 4.0s exist without the timing chain rattle?

I had to look this up and hear the sound. I can honestly say no. No timing chain rattle. I think last peak at mileage was just over 139,000 miles. Now you give me something else to think about. I have had at 10 year mark, radiator change, suspension work, thermostat housing replaced twice...
  11. R

Mass Air Flow or Throttle Body

Thanks RcFlyer330. No other symptoms really (no shaking or noises). Just hesitation/slow acceleration (meaning we had to get up off accelerator and hit it a 2'nd or 3'rd time - like it was saying what you want me to do and then go oh speed up). Then it would jump to help you pass or get out...
  12. R

Another update. Hubby used the vehicle this morning. He comes home and the car set for close to an hour (maybe two I don't know). We go out and did the unplug thing and ran the scanner. This time it dies right away. We did this a second time and it died right away. Total opposite from what...
  13. R

It has 136,039 miles. I ran the Actron auto scanner and one of those Bluetooth readers again this morning and still no codes. I guess today we can unplug again and run the scanner while it is unplugged to see if any codes get pulled. The fuel filter gets changed every two to three years (last...
  14. R

Every now and then our, 2007 Ford Explorer XLT (V6), has trouble accelerating when passing or getting off a light. We know what she can do or use to do so we know something is off. The remedy that has worked so far is cleaning the mass air flow sensor and the throttle body at the same time. So...
  15. R

Start and then kills, wrench icon

My issue ended up being the engine computer ecm, The dealer allowed an aftermarket part. I ended up out of $500 instead of $1500. $1500 was for a brand new engine computer from dealer. I went aftermarket, let them installed once part came in, and my baby has been cranking and driving just fine...
  16. R

No dice. Checked wiring, disconnected unit, and disconnected battery. Reconnected everything. Vehicle ran for about five minutes and then dies. Still showing codes P0607, P060C, and the wrench icon.
  17. R

When I started the suv this morning it pulled code P0607 Control Module Performance Pending. P0607 Control Module Performance Confirmed. and the P060C Internal Control Module Main Processor Performance Pending. When I called the dealership service person said don't go buying parts. Well I just...
  18. R

I have found several suggestions on this forum but was trying to be vehicle symptom specific if possible. I have this weekend to tinker because the dealership can’t get to me until the middle of next week. I have a 2007 Ford Explorer XLT, V6, 4.0, 2WD, 105,799 mileage Wednesday 09/20/2017 – we...
Back