Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

2013 All Ford Nationals @ Carlisle, Pa Jun 7-9

Does the exploder need tags for the wheeling? And what class would a f550 with a explorer stacked on the back count as for the show field? :D
  2. S

96 Ranger speed sensor not working

check the rear body harness, under the drivers side of the cab (almost under the sear) if its the same as the '98 I have, the harness has 2 plugs on a bracket that is mounted to the frame in such a way that the wires rub against the floor pan of the truck. Hope this helps ETA: Oh, 96...
  3. S

95exploderboy's Full Width SAS

Swing and a miss... the one die got alittle bit of scoring on it from bending your track bar that was 1" the dies I have are 1.25" and 1.75" for steel tube only (not solid bar) Oh and as a side note, aluminum is harder to bend properly then steel :p:
  4. S

Darkness's new project~ D44 & 9"

Umm ok, Get my cell number from her so I can find out what you need done.... And on a side note, no current progress due so some other major projects here at the house that have the shop tied up
  5. S

Gone for 10 days from the 27th, so I'll be back soon and prolly gettin the rig done when I get back, after I get over the jetlag lol prolly going with the glass fender after doing some simple work to them... well almost simple... well maybe not very simple...
  6. S

Forgot the pics of the exhaust, all i did was shorten the bend at where it comes off the header collector. Next thing I need to figure out... Fenders? Or rubber things
  7. S

narrow dana 44 is this a good idea

Are you talking about narrowing it at the diff end of the axle tube? cause if I remember right the axle seal is machined in to that end of the tube, may cause a problem if you do it from that end...
  8. S

rear tube bumper builders please!

I would love to toss a bumper together for you, but it might be a better idea for you to find someone local to build it so you end up with what you want made You could try posting over at www.offroadfabnet.com in the Intro or classified section
  9. S

No clue, also the biggest die I have for my bender is a 1.75 right now, also would need a design, need hitch? d-rings? fit on the truck? :p: I dont have a 2nd gen
  10. S

I think i could maybe throw something like that together...
  11. S

well the current atlas may or maynot bolt right to a zf5 or nv4500, but thats still $$ that I would have to pull from no where for a extra swap that I have NO plans on doing.... So anyone else want to build this rig for me w/ their $$ or should I just put the gears in the front and drive it...
  12. S

Yup, I think they also said that its usually cheaper to sell the one you have and just buy a new one built to new specs you need then to have one redone
  13. S

If i was going to go w/ a stick I would go for a ZF5 or NV 4500 swap, not a T5, but it would be kind of a waste of the TCS and factory new 4r70w I already have in the truck... not to mention I did the atlas ordered for the 4r70w so that would be even more research to figure out how to make it...
  14. S

cgriffin's '98 NJ pre-runner build!

Cool, any idea what part of Jersey you are going to end up in?
  15. S

:p: Dont any of you read the other posts lol
  16. S

cgriffin's '98 NJ pre-runner build!

Well if ya end up in the DC area, you are welcome to use the tubing bender here :p: ...except ya just had to go with 1.5" tube... the one die I dont have yet lol
  17. S

So a long tube header will move my diff over or make the tranny narrower? :rolleyes: Oh and the headers that are on the truck now are L&L.... Nice but poorly designed for the swap that I did...
  18. S

Oh and I dont think any amount of exhaust work is going to fix this...
  19. S

well how much space do you think should be between the top of the diff and the exhaust and I really dont see how duel exhaust would be much better cause the drive shaft and t-case would be in the way for it, or the whole exhaust pipe would have to go under the t-case skid (the atlas has about...
  20. S

Well really I didnt think about clearance issues as much with my swap, just sorta shoved the axle under the truck and made it all up as I went... But having a 5.0 under the truck and the 4r70w tranny makes things alittle weird on my rig, If you do some planning, looking and measurements It...
  21. S

Aux gas tank

Another easy way for duel tank plumbing is just get all the stuff off a full sized fuel injected pickup, just check that it uses in tank pumps before you get too far in to pulling all the stuff, plumbing and wiring should be too hard, IMO the hardest part would be trying to find the right sized...
  22. S

Unnatural engine swap...

Or just have a air pocket in the nitrous line I can agree the swaps are not cheap, I think mine was in the $10k range and I still want to redo a lot of small things, I went with a bunch of new parts as well, but about $6500-$7 just in misc parts sounds about dead on:eek: :confused:
  23. S

Quoting it and saying it again, I do not suggest anyone to narrow a 78/79 HP d44 like I did, the location of the pinion causes some major headaches, too close to the center line of the truck, granted that I am sitting at about 5-6" of suspension lift (I think) more lift would probably help...
  24. S

21Robbie21 SAS

From the angle that shot was taken in the front wheel well just doesnt look right, Its like someone put a sport on the wrong wheel based frame :p:
  25. S

Can I do this? Spare on a swing away mount.

yep, thats why I said fab skills would be needed and I really dont think it would look right. Really IMO those prerunner style reversible swing out that replaces the tail gate is the only one that really looks at home on the back of a pickup, but maybe not if your running stock sized tires
Back