Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. K

6R60 hard shift after riding over railroad tracks

When i checked my fluid around the time this issue started i noticed the fluid looked to have metal and was wondering if i need to rebuild the rear differential?
  2. K

If tires spin out it will start shifting strange, but if I have to stop and do something when I start it back up it is shifting smooth again
  3. K

Just looked it up and will try the relearn tmrw. T/u
  4. K

I called ford and asked about a upgrade of the tranny software if that's what you mean. If not how do I do the relearn? Was starting to wonder if maybe rear differential is going bad
  5. K

07 sport trac xlt v8 6r60 runs good except if I ride over rough road/terrain it will start to shift hard for a little while. Eventually will smooth out and go back to normal. Is there anything I can do to fix that issue? Changed filter/fluid and was looking at software update but the dealership...
  6. K

Need to bypass the memory seat module

When that happens I just either wiggle it or get something to tap on it gently and it starts working
  7. K

Wiring heated seat

Gotcha, t/u now I need to get a complete wiring diagram for the 2008 yellow plug connector under driver seat. It has an extra wire and my srs light is on...
  8. K

Wiring heated seat

Not sure what you are referring to but i have everything working, power 10 way heated driver and 6 way heated passenger with the air bags...
  9. K

Upgrade to leather power heated seats

Seats are in and working. Now to get heated seats working, have hot wire to switch when car is running and wire to seat wire yl/bu & gr/bu but switch never lights up.
  10. K

Wiring heated seat

Diagram
  11. K

Wiring heated seat

Wiring up heated seats, so I found a hot wire that is only hot when running and connected to gr/red wire on console switch and ran wires to the seats from yel/blu & gry/blu but nothing happens when I push button on console. Tried wiring hot straight to each seat wire and still nothing. I did run...
  12. K

Bed storage box

I want to replace the rear driver side bed storage box and wondering if there are any instructions on how to? Any help is good as I have to explain to the junkyard how to remove it also.
  13. K

2007 Interior Restoration

They went in easy, now playing with getting heated seats working. What color is the heated seat wire for each seat? I have a lot of wiring to get out of the way since I don't have memory.
  14. K

Might be the plug for heated seats but it is smaller than the female plug on the heated seat dash button. I will get the plug from junkyard and see if the wires are the same.
  15. K

Pulled center console and face plate yesterday to find no wires or plug to go to heated seat button. Going to do the splicing today and see if I can get the passenger seat to now that I know what is the power and ground wires...
  16. K

Need to bypass the memory seat module

I am installing power seats from 2008 10 way into my 2007 sport trac that's manual and this information is helping. Where do I look for the 2 power wires for the seats that you mention? Are they down on floor area or do I need to look further up where the harness comes in? I also already have...
  17. K

Is it possible to bench test the seat and see if it moves? Tried connecting power and grounding but nothing...
  18. K

Working off of these trying to see what to match up with new wires. Tried putting power to seats power and ground but nothing. Wondering if needs to be connected to door module?
  19. K

Paul, Donyou have this diagram for the driver seat and possibly for a 2008 explorer with 10 way power seat? Went to dealer and they couldn't even get close to what you have. T/u
  20. K

P/u seats today, installed easy rear driver and started taking out rear psg. Front driver on power seat has 2 plugs and 1 on psg. Will probably install front psg and see what happens. Probably nothing but at least I had them cut harness to floor so I can splice. Seats are out of 2008 explorer...
  21. K

Did any Sport Trac ever have passenger power seat, like the adrenalin? Also is it made in the same plant as the Explorer?
  22. K

So the plug for the heated seat on the passenger side should be under my current seat also?
  23. K

Really appreciate your reply. I was hoping that the harness already had everything and was planning on getting the buttons for heated seat from the vehicle I am getting seats from.
  24. K

2007 xlt and want to switch out sweats for leather from an 08 explorer> does anyone know if the mounting of the seats to truck are the same. Went to dealer but not to helpful. t/u
Back