Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

Anyone from Houston?

Where to go offroad... I live in Brenham, I was wondering where you all go offroad?
  2. J

Noise in the front end.

Wheel bearing I had the same issue and it turned out being the wheel bearing; easy fix.
  3. J

Anti-Theft mode

Negative Battery Cable I did that; not sure for how long though. I will try again tonight. I will let you know what happens. Do you know if the Anti-Theft light normally flashes?
  4. J

Anti-Theft mode

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Not too long ago, a friend of mine was helping me work on my Explorer when the alarm went off. As I was looking for the key to turn the alarm off he cut the wire at the battery terminal. Since then I have not been able to start my Explorer. I do see that the AntiTheft...
  5. J

I have been out of the loop due to a prolonged sickness. I am much better now. I am getting...

I have been out of the loop due to a prolonged sickness. I am much better now. I am getting back into rebuilding my 4x4...she will be a BEAST!
  6. J

Finally modifying my '94 Explorer

I am going to start getting pics together I am going to start getting the pics together today. I was wondering how to go about keeping them compiled in a file. I am going to see what would be best. I think putting them on one site and linking the site would be the best to keep the whole file...
  7. J

Finding what is needed and what can wait... I have figured out that my budget is in the 5000 dollar range. I have gone onto the James Duff site and didnt really find much. I found a 2.5 inch lift; on the 4 Wheel Parts site i found two that were not very much better. I like the price and...
  8. J

My budget Due to the fact that I will be doing this over a couple months I will be able to spend a good bit of money. I want to have it running by November. I hope to drive it to North Carolina and up to Oregon and Washington. Just driving around Texas will be a challenge. There are a lot...
  9. J

Straight axle... Is there something that will bolt right on? I have read many posts that talk about this and I was thinking I might. Second, d what do you think about going with a bigger motor? I think I am going to just rebuild mine, but there is another Ex Driver who is about to put a 302...
  10. J

I have a '94 Explorer Eddie Bauer 4x4, and since it finally has been taken off the road I have made the decision to modify it into a gnarley 4x4. I would like it to be a formidable 4x4, but still a good street vehicle. I plan for it to be used off road quite a bit; mostly trail, mud and snow...
  11. J

Will not start

It just clicks The starter was the next place I was going to try.
  12. J

Will not start

Good battery... I was really hoping that would be the problem. Put two new batt's in it and then checked them on the Jeep. Good voltage and current. Lights are good as well as all other electronics. Do you know anywhere I can get some schematics?
  13. J

Will not start

I have been driving my Explorer everyday until about 8 months ago. Now when I go out to start it, it just gives me one click and then nothing. It won't start. About two months ago I had taken it into the shop to get some work done. It ran fine after that but sometimes I had trouble starting...
  14. J

show off your LIFTED truck - photo thread

That Mat Black Looks tough. I like that. I can't wait until I post some pics. I have a lot of work to do.
  15. J

It was a grommet...

When I took my Explorer to get checked out I finally got somewhere with it; an EDIS. Two days later, it had rained, and for those of you who don't live near Houston, Texas, it's humid almost all the time. My Explorer started to miss, pull and shut off when excellerating to over 35 MPH. Some...
  16. J

UGH! At my wits end here!

Don't junk her yet! I have a '94 X, I started having issues:loss of power, bad gas mileage, sometimes no start(but engine would turn over/no fire). I could even floor the pedal and go about three MPH, sometmes it would blow white smoke, sometimes black smoke; it was crazy because at other...
  17. J

How fast in 4x4

I stand behind the stance taken by sjr033 and YOURNAMEHERE.
  18. J

Major tune up; ideas?

O2 Sensors Excellent idea. Had not thought about that. Since I am not paying for the tune up, I should get some high flow cat's and new O2 sensors. Thanks for the idea.
  19. J

Major tune up; ideas?

Smoke While I am driving, I feel a bit of a pull and then I look at my exhaust, black smoke plumes out. When ever this happens from start up it is white then turns to black. Sometimes I could let it sit turned off. After a while it would fire off and run just fine. Other times it would just...
  20. J

Major tune up; ideas?

I have been offered the opportunity to have a major tune up done to my '94. As of late she started to blow smoke and no matter how much gas I gave it, she had no power. I have planned to change the MAF Sensor, have the fuel pump changed out, and possibly the fuel pressure regulator. The...
  21. J

'94 4x4, engine replacement ideas?

I know weight is an issue. SO what I have been doing is ripping things out of it. I have torn out the carpet, back seat, anything that does not make it roll, turn or stop. I used rubber coating on any surface I can and I plan to take the doors off and make some tube framed half doors. I have...
  22. J

'94 4x4, engine replacement ideas?

I have a '94 and she is starting to go through phases, of strange issues. Such as no power at times even when I mat the pedal. SHe blows black smoke and starts idling rough and then clears up. I have done tune-ups, SeaFoam treatment, and a few other treatments. I do find relief when I change...
  23. J

rough idle

I have the same issue, due to my plugs fouling out. The best thing that I have found...change the plugs.
  24. J

How to: Diagnosing Rough Idle - Suspect: IAC Valve

Parts on the way. Good friend of mine, manager of O'Reilly's, has plugs and wires ordered. I will have them tommorrow afternoon. I think after 184,000 plus miles; I should expect to be making some parts changes; like MAF, IAC, Coolant temp switches, Crank Position Sensors and such. She...
  25. J

How to: Diagnosing Rough Idle - Suspect: IAC Valve

At idle and it started again. I am real sure that you are so right. I was in the gas station getting some junk food for the night and when I got back in, the engine dropped RPM's, started to do the shimmy shake and I sputtered all the way home. I tapped on the IAC, nothing. When I unplugged...
Back