Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. E

How to: The Comprehensive Brown Wire Mod Thread

Okay, This is going to be a really stupid question, but i haven't been on the forum for a few years. Does this mod help fix the flashing 4wd lights issue at all? sorry for the noobness.
  2. E

Need some help with Keyless entry please

Hello everyone, been a while since I've been on. Anyway, I've got a 95' Ltd with keyless entry. Just the other week I got it back from the Tranny shop and all of a sudden the keyless entry wont work. Power locks work, but when you lock it to leave the truck, the theft light no longer comes on...
  3. E

Stiff Pedal

Hey everyone. Can someone help me out. I recently had the thermostat in my 95 OHV 4.0L changed and when i got it back from my mechanic i noticed that when accelerating it took alot of pressure to get the pedal to go down. Usually you dont need to make an effort to get the gas going... but now...
  4. E

Tranny help PLEASE

Hey everyone. I have a 95 Ltd 4x4 auto. Lately i have been having some tranny probs. My tranny runs fine when you start it and drive it around for a while, but once it gets nice and warmed up if i come to a COMPLEATE stop, when i try to accel, it feels like first is really really slugish....even...
  5. E

Hood Scoops

I've got them actually. i had them painted to match and i installed them myself. they were really easy to install. Just some 3M tape and some patience to make sure they are lined up evenly. You can even use a crayon to outline them, then put them on and wax off the crayon. Mine aren't...
  6. E

4WD Problems

hey alphabets13 keep me informed on whats going on with your truck. Its summer here in toronto but soon enough winter will roll around again and i want to make certain i have 4wd to run in the snow. if anyone has any other suggestions on what i might be able to do let me know i'm willing to...
  7. E

4WD Problems

okay. now im not to good at this but what is the GEM and TSB ??? and how would i reprogram it ???
  8. E

4WD Problems

Okay, Ive done a search on the board about 4wd problems but i can seem to find one that is really like mine. I have a 95 ltd. When i used to put it into 4wd auto nothing would happen and the 4wd high and low lights would blink. So i have disconnected the battery for at least and hour. and...
  9. E

95' XLT Dull head lights

I used meguire's plastic cleaner and plastic polish. I just got it at my local hardware store and it works pretty well. they dont look new but better at least.
  10. E

Will new HU use factory dics changer?

wow i didn't know that ! all this time i have wanted to change the factory amp to my sub in the back but i always thought i had to go and get a new HU too ! so could i go and swap the factory 4 channel amp with a more power full one
  11. E

Westin Safari Bar

next one hey thanks Okrazie1 for the link to the post... now the next question.... anyone put one of these on a limited ????? i know the bumpers are different slightly .... i wonder if there is enough clearance ?
  12. E

Westin Safari Bar

fit hey does anyone know if the westin safari bars fit a 95 ?? some places only list them 96+ did the frame change at all between 95 and 96 ???
  13. E

hood scoop

PICS hey awest can you send me some of those pics or post them... i was gonna put some on my 95 this spring when the snow clears but i wanted to see them on a 95 + first. i've seen them on durangos and silverado's and they look great. thanks
  14. E

hood scoop

here something take a look at lund/ eclipse hood scoops....... they look okay....not a single hood scoop style but rather a dual set up. kinda of like the scoops on a ram air firebird. i know someone on here has them.... or go to the lund website......see how you like those.
  15. E

Fog Lights

try this i actually rewired my 95 so the fogs would work with the parking lights and high beams. i think it was taxxman who started the thread. you can look up his name or my name and look for fog light relay. it should be there. hopes this helps
  16. E

opinions please

alright heres the deal, i currently have goodyear rt/s on my x and i seriously need a new set of tires before the snow comes in. their practically dead. money wise i found a place that i could not pay for one year (im a college student) but my choices are Michelin LTX Bridgestone Deulers...
  17. E

Fender flares?

try these i've looked around for some myself here a few you could try. if your looking for style try xenon's sport flares. but they are a bit pricey. but for overall use, bushwakers or warn falres are pretty nice and i heard they do a good job of keep mud and stuff off the side of the truck...
  18. E

A little interior remodeling

NICE hey Robert that looks really great! i was thining the same thing too. But im afraid i might mess up an then there goes my console but its nice to see someone do it first. at least i know its possible !!
  19. E

knob keeps popping out

i got a 95 with the "premium" system in it and my know for the radio keeps popping out ! anyone know how to fix it ? i dont really wanna buy a new deck right now so fixing it is my only option. any help please.
  20. E

Painting my Calipers!

oh yeah i would probably go with red.....it might be hard to see the black.... and the dirt would show easy. or match the color of your X ?? either way it would look good
  21. E

Painting my Calipers!

this might help i did this on my cousins sports car a few weeks back and one thing is, if your calipers are a little rusty, it can help to sand them down a bit. gives a nice smooth finish after wards. pls one main thing is use lots of small coats. dries so much faster and looks better. my...
  22. E

Bucking and surging w/ Check Engine Light

got it alright i got a 95 with the check engine light going on about a 15 to 20 mins of driving then blinks off. looks you guys solved the prob. i can change all the parts but how do i reset the computer ????
  23. E

Dual Pipes

hey tekeman about the flares....those are actually xenon fender flares. i think that they are the best flares out there (stylewise) for our explorers. but they say they only fit xlt's without running boards. i wanted a pair for my ltd with runners....but im afraid they wont fit all to well...
  24. E

Foglights with parkinglights?

i did it hey dannyD28 i was able to do it. i actually got the info from taxxman2k. do a search with his name. i think the thread is stock for light relay. is actually really easy took me about half an hour, but i dont remember the details. hope this helps
Back