Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. A

Part number for leaf spring (rear) bushing?

I ended up ordering the Prothane 6-810 bushing. I didn't have access to a lathe to turn down the shackle pin as the post (link ) above, so I drilled the bushing to 7/8" diameter. This bushing fit perfectly and the problem is finally resolved. hank you everyone for the help.
  2. A

Someone on this forum has already experienced my nightmare.. this is the bushing I need. I believe it's part number is 1L5Z-5A546-AA www.explorerforum.com//forums/index.php?threads/replaced-frame-shackle-bushings-pics.42566 3/
  3. A

Pete, thanks for the reply.. I have that one for the leaf spring. I found this, hopefully it's what I'm looking for. Ford Rubber Encased Bushing
  4. A

I am having a terrible time trying to remove the bushing that goes through the frame on my 95 Explorer. It's the bushing that is located at the top of the spring shackle. I found the link in the "stickys" to a great deal of available bushings. Does anyone have a part number or know what size it...
  5. A

Steel Brake line ABS to front wheel

Thank you for the replies...
  6. A

Steel Brake line ABS to front wheel

I have a leaking front brake line from the ABS pump to the front brake line on my 95 Explorer. Does anyone know what style flare (i.e. bubble, double flare) and line size I need to replace it?
  7. A

Need to remove panel from rear hatch door

thanks Thank you for the replies, I'll give it a try.
  8. A

Need to remove panel from rear hatch door

I have been searching for a thread here for rear hatch panel removal, hoping someone else may have already posted. I have a 95 Explorer XLT with the rear hatch door with the "T"-handle. The door handle has gotten to be very hard to turn and I was hoping to lubricate it before something...
  9. A

No Heat all of the sudden?

I am just up the road from you a bit. This cold is hard on vehicles. Two things come to mind on your heat issue. Did you flush the cooling system? You could have a plugged heater core. Check your heater control valve too. It's on the passenger side. It controls the temperature selection...
  10. A

Power steering help please- rack and pinion

binding Loder, I just went out and tried it again. The wheels are off and the truck is on stands. It binds when the wheel is turned each 1/2 rotation. There is a "cv" type joint on the intermediate steering shaft. That may be binding as well, because of the way it's binding. I appreciate...
  11. A

no power steering The original problem was no power steering. It would "catch" now and again. You are correct, I need to find a different mechanic for sure... He said he was sure it was pumping oil because he could see it swirl in the pump. Almost no oil drained from the system when the rack...
  12. A

Hello all.. I just replaced my rack and pinion after 2 shops both condemned it as bad. After installing a new rack, I have added less than a quart of power steering fluid and my resevoir is full. I started the truck and had a friend keep oil in the resevoir at all times. I went back and...
  13. A

Check Engine Light again! DPFE??

I have a 95 Explorer 4.0 V-6. I have been fighting this CEL problem since last summer. The error is the garage is getting is that the EGR valve is not opening. So far, the EGR valve, tube, and solenoid have been changed. That, I believe leaves nothing but vacuum lines and the DPFE sensor. The...
  14. A

Rough idle

I have a problem I have not been able to track down. My 95 Explorer 245 x 4.0 EFI has a miss to it. I do not get a CEL. When the engine is started, it runs rough, idling up and down. If I shut it off cold, I have to hold the excelerator down to get it to restart again. While driving , you can...
  15. A

VERY rough idle

May have found the problem Thanks for the prompt reply and advice 410Fortune. I was checking once again for vacuum leaks and decided to start looking near at the EGR valve due to the "heavy" exhaust smell. I noticed some really tiny cracks at the top of the valve where the metal has rotted...
  16. A

VERY rough idle

I have a 95 Explorer with a 4.0L 6 cylinder OHV . The idle is very rough when hot or cold. The exhaust smell is really heavy, not really like raw fuel or oil burning. This morning when trying to start it sounded like it backfired a bit. I have checked the voltage to the IAC valve and get 11.5...
Back