Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. H

Car wheels on my explorer???

I have 17" Exel Prime wheels that I used to have on my 95' GTI VR6. They have a few different bolt patterns but one is the necessary 5x4.5 so I can fit them on, but I've heard that they won't support the weight of the truck. Any ideas about this? Yes, I would replace the low profiles with at...
  2. H

Whoo I love ordering parts!

Mounting brush guard Can you please post some better pics of what your brackets look like now? I'm trying to do this soon too. Thanks for your help.
  3. H

Brush guard with BL??

Subscribing cuz I wanna find out the answer to your question too.
  4. H

Few electrical problems, help

My rear wiper only works when my front wipers are wiping the windshield...just a thought in case you were trying it solo
  5. H

abs problems

Pulling to driver's side I'm having a similar issue: when I push my brakes, the abs engages every time, creating a pulsing sensation and pulling my truck drastically towards the driver's side. I recently changed my pads and rotors, but I cannot find anything that we might not have reconnected...
  6. H

What shocks should I use?

I'm not sure if I saw it on here or some other site, but if anyone knows where the guide to measuring shock length is, please let me know...
  7. H

cigarette lighter mod?

Be sure to post pics of the install cuz I've got mine mounted under and between the cig lighter and ash tray right now and was thinking of doing the same as you...
  8. H

What shocks should I use?

Mods so far: longer torsion bolts, additional leafs from an 80s F150, shackles, 3" BL, and 31s. (I have since removed the SOA) Right now the ride sits fairly even (only sagging slightly to the drivers side cuz I need a somewhat longer torsion bolt), and I have "cheated" with the shocks. The...
  9. H

Rear wiper not wiping correctly

My prob's slightly different: my rear wiper only works for the single pass when I push the wash button, but for that moment it works perfectly. If I just try to turn it on by turning the knob, it clicks like it's getting ready to wipe, but seems to get stuck and won't leave it's perch. Any...
  10. H

Bigger Side Mirrors

So far this is the best deal I can find on the mirrors, though I'm not sure if they have the arrows behind the glass too...http://www.1aauto.com/1A/Mirrors/Ford/Excursion/1AMRP00105/658812 Anyone else come up w/ anything? I'm also looking for measurements of the mounting area, etc. for these...
  11. H

Bigger Side Mirrors

Ideally, I'd love to have side mirrors like the ones on an Excursion or a dually F-series. (Two arms holding the bigger mirror, arrows behind the glass, and forward-facing marker lights...you get the idea.) Anyone done anything close to this or have a good idea of how to make those mirrors fit...
  12. H

baltimore/annapolis meet and greet?

I'll be there too guys.
  13. H

Already have a decent lift..whats the next step?

I agree w/ Carlover, the cheap shackles are fine. I personally have the exact same lift as you except I took the springs off of an 80s (don't know the exact year) F-150 and combined them w/ some of mine to reach a total of six leaves on each side in the rear. That alone was about 1.5-2" of...
  14. H

Quick BL Help! Tonight please

Ok, that makes it easier to explain: I'm working on the one in position 4; parts 20 and 21 will not move. As far as I can tell, the only thing holding them in place could be rust, but they will not separate and fall off. Thanks again.
  15. H

There's just over 3" between the top of the mount and the body, because I took out the spacer to try and remove the body mount. It's not the weight of the truck. Now I've tried hitting it from every angle I can get the hammer in there, I've used the chisel some more, I've lined up my crowbar...
  16. H

the one I'm working on behind the back seat is almost completely frozen. When I hit it with a hammer it will move just barely side to side, but it will not turn, and it will not lift off of the bracket at all. I even have a flathead style chisel that I've been trying to hammer between the...
  17. H

ok, but is there anyway to get those mounts off so that I can drill through them? The front most middle one came loose, but the top portion would not separate from the bottom portion. I was able to drill through that one eventually, but I can barely get to the ones behind the back seat to...
  18. H

Whoa! Calm down, killer ;) I'm not sure what you mean by "nut bolt," I'm talking about the rubber and metal cylinder thing that the spacer sits on top of and the bolt screws into. I was trying to bore out the hole on that just like I did with the front two, except I cannot find a way to remove...
  19. H

Nope, nothing's ever easy the first time I try it...I got the front two bolts in tightly, and the back two in tightly, but the middle six got to a point where they were almost in, but they would just spin- they wouldn't tighten or loosen. I can get them out now with an impact wrench, but I'm...
  20. H

So how do I get the body mounts loose? The front ones came right out, but the middle ones don't want to budge....help anyone?
  21. H

Great idea!!! The instructions only said to do that for the front two mounts, but that should work for all of them. Maybe tomorrow- tonight's all-nighter will be doing the homework I was supposed to be doing this weekend. So now that the body lift is done, what can I do about getting the...
  22. H

Well I had a long test drive today...I was not able to tighten the bolts for the spacers all the way because the bolts got tight and then would continue to spin but not actually tighten. After thinking about this, I figure that the mounts are probably silently spinning like the first problem I...
  23. H

Metro DC area Meet & Greet

I don't know what you guys look like. Well I finished the body lift, showed up around 4:30 and didn't see any explorers. I don't know what you guys look like and the restaurant didn't know anything about the get together so I just left. I want to setup one of these meet and greats now. I'm...
  24. H

It's almost five and I'm just stopping to get a few hours rest. I got the bolts off and attached all of the spacers. The only things left really are figuring out how to mount the fan shroud, and putting the locktite on all of the spacer bolts. My shroud is different that the older one in the...
  25. H

That's a really good idea. thanks, I'll try it tonight (I'm working through the night again). How about the force though...were you pushing really hard on the drill?
Back