Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

!!Two 6 1/2's sound like 15's!!!

How the heck is this possible? Stereo experts explain how two 6 1/2s can reproduce the sound of any 15in. sub? Is this a joke? Hope this hasnt been posted before. Video: Two 6 1/2's sound like 15's P.S. video is a few minutes long, its worth it though. If the link doesnt load go to...
  2. B

How to wire remote turn on lead to Fuse Box?

Ummmm... Are we still talking about electricity? ;) :D
  3. B

Thanks guys I'll try both of those ideas, if anyone else has any suggestions throw them my way.
  4. B

There isnt a remote wire on the back of the factory HU, the only other options that I have heard are; run the wire to the fuse box, and splice it into something that only has power when the car is on. BTW this is for an 01 Mustang GT in-dash 6.
  5. B

Just wondering if you had the factory HU and wanted to wire the Remote turn on lead on the amp to the fuse box, how would you do that? Would you just place the wire in an empty accessory slot? Thanks guys Scott
  6. B

"new" early bronco (concept)

What is the projected price for one of those Jeeps?
  7. B

I hate to say it but have to admit, thats impressive! But how big is the overall demand for a hardcore off-raod vehicle? To most people the ability to do some serious off roading in a stock vehicle is only a perk, not a necessity.
  8. B

What is this about a FACTORY "nitrous kit" on the new bronco? Take a look, third paragraph. New bronco
  9. B

Brake Rotor Specials From Explorer Express!

Thanks john I'll have to start thinking about that.
  10. B

Brake Rotor Specials From Explorer Express!

Do you have any rotors for the 02-up 2wd 4door?
  11. B

Anyone own the Audiobahn A6004T amp, opinions wanted.

Actually I do have the Focal components amped right now, its just that one of the front channels decided to go out. The amp is a MTX 4244, 60x4. Worked wonderfully until the passenger side speaker began to pop. I want another good qualtiy amp, and not a lower end model. I have heard great things...
  12. B

Well the w7 is sitting in my room, I planned to get the JBL 1200.1 soon, but a reckless driving ticket is keeping me from doing that for now. What do you think about the new MTX amps? I've heard their amps are pretty tough. I really want a JL 300.4 but they tend to get kinda expensive.
  13. B

I thought that Audiobahn was a very reputable company? I've never had any personal experience with them, just what I've heard. Is there something bad about this line of amps?
  14. B

I am looking for a different 4-channel amp, is this any good? I know that audiobahn is a decent company, just trying to re-assure myself. Audiobahn A6004T Amp
  15. B

Audio Geniuses! Help, speaker popping then no sound.

It is possible for one channel on a four channel amp to go out?
  16. B

No I don't have any subs yet, I just ordered a JL 12W7 and it should be in next week. But of course these problems have to happen right before my final audio purchase.
  17. B

On the amp there is a setting that controls the amps crossover, it gives me 3 choices, FP, HP, LP. I've had it on FP which I assume means Free range both highs and lows. Should I have it on the High pass. I hooked up one of the rear speakers to the front channel on my amp. I had to turn up to...
  18. B

Good idea, alot less work. I'll try that
  19. B

I installed the speakers myself, and the crossover that came with it. Each pair of speakers has its own crossover on per speaker. I am going to go take out the side that doesnt work and try to do some testing on it to see if it works after I take it out and hook it up. How could I tell if it is...
  20. B

Focal 165 Components up front Focal 165 Coaxials in rear MTX 4244 amp running 60 watts per speaker Eclipse 8443 HU I dont know exactly what all wiring is still stock, I didnt install the HU or amp, there are two RCA's running to the amp from the HU I assume. I will take pics if that...
  21. B

About three days ago my passenger side speaker started popping when music was turned up around 60% volume. So today I take it to an audio shop to let them listen to it. Well the only answer they could give me was.... "Maybe you got a bad set of components". Well after leaving I turned on the...
  22. B

Wax got on the plastic trim :(....

Yeah I guess so, but the paint brush would be a little more stiff. And stiff is good.:smoke:
  23. B

Down to 3, which sub is best?

Thanks I'll check that out.
  24. B

Down to 3, which sub is best?

The thing is, I've never heard anything made by RE, or Elemental Designs. The price tag on the W7 is a bit high, but I have heard many good things about these other subs. I am just trying to gather information from people who have had experience with either or both of these subs. If those other...
  25. B

Wax got on the plastic trim :(....

Nothing, the bristles on the brush should remove the wax from the pours of the plastic. You can use the brush aroung moldings on paint, on aroung the pinstriping where wax is kinda hard to remove.
Back