Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

Aisin Transmission Swap 4.6 Explorer

Any updates on the switch, did you get it running well, how about the instrument cluster and the ecm?
  2. S

Race Car!

Would love to see this build. Cant help you on performance upgrades since mine is the 4.6 but I would definitely remove all excess plastic and items that you don´t need. Seems every time I remove something I´m surprised by the weight of it. I would be that removing the seats and all interior...
  3. S

Anyone up for drawing a wiring diagram?

I´m not very familiar with ga sizes, but you will be running around 33 amps on the main wire so it has to take at least that + 10% i think. Fuse on the big wire should be as close to the battery as possible in the engine bay. You can split it up where you place your relays. Since you are...
  4. S

Anyone up for drawing a wiring diagram?

Looks good, just want to point one thing out. Use a fuse on every wire coming out of the battery. It can save you from bad things :)
  5. S

I need your guys help with this pleae, i think it's my transfer case

In my experience the transfer case emits a whining rather then rubbing noise when broken. To eliminate the driveline (except left axle) I would put the car on a lift and turn the front driveshaft (with transmission in N) and have someone hold on the left tire. The turning should go to the right...
  6. S

Weirdest problem ever

Ok, just so we are clear. If you can put it in any gear 1-5 and even reverse, WITHOUT stepping on the clutch, then your problem lies with the driveline from the engine to the transmission or the shifter as my98nnj stated. If you push the clutch and put it in gear and then release the clutch...
  7. S

Super_Swamper_98's 4x4 conversion sas

Looking good, love the look of it, what size tires are you going to run, sticking with 35´s or going bigger.
  8. S

LMC Truck body parts

There was a post about a canadian company that had those. I´ll see if I can find it
  9. S

Going manual ´96 sport

First time poster, long time lurker :) I have a ´96 sport with an automatic thats just went out the window (it seems to be stuck, it will drive forward but not backwards, and won´t even go backwards in neutral) Anyway, I was looking for a 5speed and the only thing available here is the...
Back