Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. G

Fog Lamp condensation

For my fog lights, I removed them using a 13mm deep socket and found there were cracks on top of both assemblies. As a quick repair, I sanded down the cracks and used plastic epoxy to fill in the cracks. I then seen that the sealant for the clear lens was dry and allowing water to leak through...
  2. G

Thermostat Housing Unit

My 2006 started leaking coolant from the aluminum crossover right under the thermostat. It took me a while to figure out where the leak was coming from. I quickly grabbed an Intake gasket set from Autozone (Felpro of course) and quickly replaced the gaskets. it was extremely simple and I have...
  3. G

My '07 Limited V8 'Garage Thread'

I was more bummed out that I will have to buy a complete Intake assembly just to fix this coolant leak.. But judging by these two images of the coolant bypass and the intake... They are separate parts and the coolant bypass can go through an O-ring swap.... Of course the Intake will have to...
  4. G

My '07 Limited V8 'Garage Thread'

I installed the Spectre Premium on my 2006 EB V8 about 4 years ago and haven't had any problems since. I now have a coolant leak right where the thermostat housing is located.. Crappy part is that it's not the thermostat housing. I wish it were. The leak appears to be coming from the aluminum...
  5. G

New project

i'm sure you can fit a 22" inch wheel on the explorer. shouldn't be too hard and shouldn't rub.... I'm assuming you're looking to "dub" out your ride?
  6. G

Solved Another thread about exhaust manifolds replacement on 4.6 v8.

These are the studs I bought for my passenger side from Amazon.. Cheaper than what Explorer_PL paid for and they arrived in 2 days. When I purchased them, they were $7.99. With my snap on torque wrench... they made for great tightening using Fel-Pro gaskets. Afterall..... Fel-Pro makes the...
  7. G

07 Ford Explorer EB AC Clicking/Ticking

Sounds like the good 'ol Actuator under the dash.. It's super simple to swap out. I swapped all 3 of mine out.. One under the dash, and the 2 in the rear Aux A/C. The problem is most likely the gears inside the actuator... Take a look at these vids.
  8. G

2006 Eddie Bauer 4.6 motor mounts

I used the Anchor part number that Autozone recommends.. Does it fit? Will all aftermarket part fit like it should? ehhh, maybe not. I have no problem with cutting a brand new part to make it fit on any of my cars. I mean, I bought a new exhaust system from a mustang and immediately hacked it...
  9. G

According to the Good book, the disassembly that is required to perform the mount swap is to remove the Throttle Body, Alternator, and PCV, Connect a bracket to the alternator mounting studs and lift the engine using an engine cradle.... I have accomplished swapping the driver's side mount by...
  10. G

I plan on installing new mounts on my 2006 4.6 tonight or tomorrow. If you'd like I can take pics of the process?
  11. G

Here's what the Shop Manual says. Hope this helps.
  12. G

Looking for 2006-2010 Explorer seats

Hi all, I'm looking for anyone who is parting out a 2006-2010 explorer. I'm in need of the front seats. I have a 2006 EB with the half leather and half cloth camel color interior. My wife discovered there is a hole caused by most likely my big ass on the driver seat. If anyone out there has...
  13. G

265/60r18

I run that size on my 06 EB with slight rubbing at lock. I mainly bought them to protect the rims from curbs. So far, they are awesome.
  14. G

5.0 Exhaust Manifold Bolt Size and Alternatives?

Oh dude, I'm sooo sorry. I misread your post. You can get exhaust manifold bolts like these http://www.summitracing.com/parts/arp-100-1102/overview/ I also know that Autozone sells the Spectre name brand versions on two lengths depending on the thickness of your header flange. Key thing is...
  15. G

5.0 Exhaust Manifold Bolt Size and Alternatives?

I've worked on a few 5.0 engines, but not the Explorer version. I doubt there's a difference when it comes to manifold bolts. Here's a good set. http://www.summitracing.com/parts/arp-154-2001/overview/make/ford/model/mustang In a worst case scenario, you can always go to your local...
  16. G

tire size question

Not trying to be that guy, but a quick search will come up with a few posts about wheels/tire sizes.
  17. G

Wider tires on Ex?

I too am running 265/65/18 Not sure if you can see my Explorer behind the '69 Cutlass burning out. But check out my Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byT_66hk5_U I found a few pics..
  18. G

Best wheels

Factory 20 inches no doubt.
  19. G

Need help with subs

Where is your ground bolted to on the chassis? What is the rating on the Fuse? What is the quality of the connections? Please don't tell me you twisted the wired and used masking tape. Post pics of your work if possible.
  20. G

Who replaced injectors on a V8?

It's a straight forward fix. 1. Release fuel pressure 2. Unbolt Fuel Rail 3. Pull off fuel rail with injectors attached 4. Replace O-Rings 5. Lube them with vaseline 6. Reverse procedure.
  21. G

2006 Radiator Removal and Install

i'm pulling up different parts numbers and it looks like the trans lines are a little different as I understand the transmissions changed in late '06 I believe the early '06 tranny's are a 6r60 and the newer ones were are the 6r80.
  22. G

Mustang 3V FRPP Shorties on Explorer?

I'm definitely interested in doing this to my Explorer. Makes complete sense spending a few bucks to have both sides with aftermarket parts.
  23. G

Any fix for water in spark plug wells 4.6L?

Here you can see the great "Drip Rail" DXGMMPA had fabbed up for his ride. Here is what he has to say about this awsomness. <<...>> <<...>> <<...>> My driveway is on a steep incline. I like to park facing downhill. I would get water in the spark plug wells of my 06 explorer...
  24. G

Just curious how those Accel coils are working out for you. I bought a set from Amazon for $227.00 and just about all of them have failed. I'm slowly replacing them with Autozone coils just because there is a warranty that comes with them.
  25. G

I'm glad to see i'm not the only one who goes through this problem every time it rains. If you would like to email me the pictures, I'll be more than happy to post them on this forum for everyone to see. PM me or email me at "BEAST1957302 at yahoo.com"
Back