Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. I

wtb locker for 8.8

thank you but my axle has the posi unit im looking for either a full case locker or a lunch box locker
  2. I

wtb locker for 8.8

like the title says im lookng for a 8.8 locker 31 spline im in mahwah nj
  3. I

Doors opening while driving

So my problem started a couple months ago, when i started to notice my drivers door would bounce back open when i tried shutting it after getting out. when it became more frequent i sprayed some pb blast in it and then put alot of white lithium grease an its seem to work but now if i lean on...
  4. I

dana 30 questions

your looking for a 90-98 cherokee with abs
  5. I

boomerang shackles?

Boomerang shackes dont open they are in the shape of a boomerang opposed to a striaght line which allows more movement before bottoming out. theese are the ones i was gonna get for my cherokee http://www.gotreks.com/page.asp?pageid=51
  6. I

Making your IFS dana 35 in to a straight axel !!!

ya i was the poster an a dana 30 doesnt blow out the ring an pinnion like the 35 does
  7. I

how is the ford DANA 35 any different than a jeeps DANA 35 besides the fact ones a front axle and ones a rear
  8. I

you would be better off swapping a dana 30 or even better a dana 44 out of a jeep they are both alot stronger than a 35
  9. I

MyDe-Chromeification begins

thank you
  10. I

well ive finished no stock chrome left with the grill painted an after i tore the fog lights/lower valance off road test fit dc-1's with firestone destination a/t's 235/75 r15
  11. I

Stalling Out When put in drive?

my explorer did that when the transmission cooler line exploded an i didn't have enough fuild check that it may be that simple
  12. I

Cobra Stainless Steel side steps

nothing ive seen (i sell side steps at work) aries automotive still makes a round tube stainless steel step for the 2nd gen explorer
  13. I

Possible SaS

Hey Guys i dont often post here but i do lurk. I wanna preface my post with i have search an havent come up with much. So Onto My story, Since I got rid of my cherokee, wich was Primarily my wheeling toy. I've been taking the explorer(98 Xlt) on some light wheeling, but i have seemed to crush...
  14. I

Roof Rack on 02 Sport

i don't really know i put the rack on a week after i got the jeep so i do'nt know it any other way but i wouldn't doubt that i get better gas millage with out the rack. an i dropped the rack to keep ti tight to the roof to minimize the top heaviness in my mind again im not sure if it actually...
  15. I

Roof Rack on 02 Sport

it cost me like 50 dollars. but i work for a yakima dealer.
  16. I

Roof Rack on 02 Sport

Its not on my Explorer But my Cherokee, I have Yakima Bars with a Load Warrior, I flipped the Load Warrior's brackets to get it to sit closer to the roof. I don't have any pics with my spare up there but i just rachet strap it in the basket
  17. I

Stuck Emergency Brake

ok i searched maybe i just didnt see it but my emergency brake is stuck an i didnt know it was until i heard niose the coming from it earlier today now the mechanism is locked up how do i release it
  18. I

my neightbor just painted the grille for me i should've gotten hime to do those to
  19. I

ya if it was my cherokee id herc it but this is a street only vehicle. i wanna keep it nice an clean looking. I want you to look at it an go "ok i know he has done something to this, but i have no clue what."
  20. I

So i Bought a 98 Xlt a couple weeks ago and it looked like this: (it Came with out the vent shades an with a faded bug shield) since then I've deleted the chrome accented side molding, deleted the silver pin stripe, and today to received my grille back: and on the truck: the next thing i want...
  21. I

I would like some Towing upgrade recomendations

Hello i finally got my 98 Xlt V6 Sohc about a week ago. This is gonna be mainly my daily driver, but if i can i want to be able to tow my 91 jeep Cherokee maybe once a month to go wheeling. Now I actually have to go get it weighed but its probably in the 3500-4000 pound range(and i know i have...
  22. I

whats the diffrence between 98 explorer and 98 ranger

is there a diffrence in the front frame im looking for a bull bar an westin makes it for the ranger but not the explorer anyone think it'll work
  23. I

Before and after pics-Chop top, Atlas, SAS v8 and more!

the arms bolted right up or did you have to finagle them a bit
  24. I

Before and after pics-Chop top, Atlas, SAS v8 and more!

from the color an looks of them ( obviously they could have been painted) id say Rubicon Express jeep tj,xj ,zj or wj long arms
  25. I

Need to Install Brake Controller - What do I need?

I know this is a old post but for those who need it (i sell and install trailer hitches an wiring for a living)i would go with a timed brake controller here is descriptions of the brake controllers from draw-tite.com I like the time controllers becuase they are simple which means there is...
Back