Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

geo tracker!~

I think all Trackers have a frame.
  2. S

Seriousstuck need help!!

I'm in Rochester but I don't think there's anything I can do if the other two trucks couldn't pull you out. Good luck.
  3. S

New for 2004, the Studebaker.

Those are the two engine choices. I don't know why they went with H2 styling and the Ford drivetrain for a Studebaker. Its being made by the company that makes the Avanti. http://www.zipp.com.mx/avanti/studebaker.htm
  4. S

Anyone in NY???

I go to school in Rochester but my X is on vacation until summer when I can get the engine fixed. This is probably further away from Westchester than my home in PA.
  5. S

vibration when accelerating

I think I found the most expensive cause for this problem. I was just told its going to need a new engine. :mad: And this is with only 89k miles. I always thought the 4.0 was tough but I don't know why I'm having such bad luck. The X was in my family since it was new so I know it was always...
  6. S

how do you organize/store cds in your truck?

I have a visor cd holder for my favorite cds. I keep my sunglasses in the center console and my garage door opener on the other visor.
  7. S

My wanna be speed grille in the process

It looks good. I was thinking of doing something like that but painting the wire mesh red to match my paint. I'll have to try it now that I know it should look good.
  8. S

vibration when accelerating

My X seems to have the same problem. I could notice the vibration when I was going up hills around 40 mph and anytime accelerating above 55. The engine was also racing when that happened so I thought it was from the clutch slipping. I just picked the X up from having the clutch replaced so now...
  9. S

What Stock Gear Ratio?

I have 3.73 LS with OHV
  10. S

Eleanor

I think its a Buick with those portholes on the front fenders and it looks like a Buick bumper. My guess would be that its from the early 50's but I don't know what model it is.
  11. S

Winch bumper after shot.....

I could see the pictures without being registered. That's one tough looking bumper you have.
  12. S

5 speed manual trannies - How many of you were lucky enough to get one?

My 91 has the 5 speed with electric 4x4. Most people can't believe it came with a manual transmission. I've only noticed a 5 speed in one other 4 door but a lot of sports.
  13. S

Time for a new clutch?

The tachs reading is where it should be. As long as everything keeps working I'm not trying too hard to find out what was wrong.
  14. S

Time for a new clutch?

Whatever was wrong somehow got back to normal before I had to drive home. My cousin drove it to work one day and he couldn't get the clutch to slip. He didn't replace anything and its still running fine.
  15. S

Time for a new clutch?

The clutch is still strong enough to stall the engine when I let it out with the brakes on so it think it should last to get me home. It says in the owners manual there isn't any way to adjust when the clutch engages. I didn't think this was my problem but I checked the clutch fluid today. It...
  16. S

Time for a new clutch?

I think its time to put a new clutch in my Explorer. When I was driving back to school after being home for a long weekend I noticed the tach was 200-300 rpm higher than it should have been for my speed. The only reason I can think of for that is the clutch slipping. I'm not sure that's the...
  17. S

Daily commute

For me its just under 10 miles a day going to school. When I was working over the summer it was 11 miles a day.
  18. S

Check this out...

I found another link to pictures of trucks used by the Swedish army. Dead Link Removed
  19. S

Fuel Injection Cleaner

I use it once or twice a year. A few times when my truck was pinging I used it and filled up with premium gas and after that it was back to running fine on regular.
  20. S

www.bmwfilms.com

I watched all of their films about a year ago and Star was my favorite. I didn't know they made new ones so I'll have to check that later today. When I was watching them before I must have done something to register at the website because they sent me a DVD in the mail a few months ago with all...
  21. S

Cleaning the Plastic on the Outside

The eagle one tire gel also works on black trim. It will wear off but lasts longer than anything else I tried. I never tried putting wax on any of the black trim.
  22. S

Fire Extinguisher mounting

I just got a fire extinguisher that I'm probably going to mount under the ashtray on the trans hump. Does everyone here leave their fire extinguisher in the truck all the time? Mine says not to store in temperatures above 120 but I'm sure some of you live in hotter areas than me. I also have...
  23. S

How long do u visit this site?

I check the new posts 2 or 3 times a day. The total time I spend here is probably a little over an hour each day.
  24. S

Mercedes diesel

I don't think there was anything to special about the diesels Mercedes used to sell in the U.S. The new ones sold in Europe have direct injection.
  25. S

My '91 X on dubs and air

I like your front bumper. That little bit of chrome along the top looks good. I also like the red dash and interior trim.
Back