Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. X

1991 Ford Explorer excessive humming noise.

i had a S-10 that had a humming noise, thought it was tires but ended up being a front wheel bearing.
  2. X

Ford Explorer Throttle Cable Mod

This is a great mod, I can't believe the difference in acceleration!
  3. X

Hello from Ohio

Welcome to the forum!
  4. X

Hub not locking

I had the same problem twice with my 94 and both times it was a blown auto hub that was not engaging. If you leave all 4 tires on the ground and leave it in 4x2 you should be able to turn the front axle a few times and it will lock and not turn anymore. If it keeps turning then it's a hub...
  5. X

Grenaded a Warn Manual Hub..how do I get it replaced?

Installed Mile Marker manual hubs today I have already gone through two stock auto hubs and finally realized they are junk. So I bought some M/M manuals today and I have to say they were a breeze to install. The best mod I've done so far. Is there anything I need to watch out for with these new...
  6. X

complete tranny flush question

Make sure your fluid is still a transparent red because if is dark thats a sign of clutch wear. Changing the trans fluid could accelerate an existing problem. I had a shop flush mine, they can tell you if it is safe to flush yours.
  7. X

tireseasy.com

I was looking for tires and came across this site. I found the tires I wanted and they said that they were in stock on the website, so I ordered them. They called and verified my shipping address so I thought everything was ok. I got a email a day later saying they were out of stock and offered...
  8. X

Newer member (finally got pics)

Lifted 5.5" with 33x12.50"s
  9. X

show off your LIFTED truck - photo thread

94 X lifted 5.5 with 33x12.50 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3169808
  10. X

SkyJacker steering stabilizer

The pic isnt showing up, the stabilizer body points toward the passenger side and a straight bracket mounts to the frame just above and behind the sway bar. The cylinder part bolts on to the tie rod using u bolts and an angled bracket.
  11. X

The instructions I have say to mount the stabilizer body to the frame. Here's a pic of the instructions.
  12. X

I just installed a SkyJacker steering stabilizer on my 94 Ex 4x4 that has the front sway bar. It says to mount the bracket to the frame and if it has a sway bar then to move it back until clearance is obtained. I moved it back a couple of inches and it still seems no matter how far I go back it...
  13. X

1994 ford modulator valve

I have a 94 Ex and the modulator valve was taking fluid in through the vaccum line then the motor was burning it up. AAMCO Transmission charge me like $130.00 to replace it, thats parts and labor. Not to bad in my opinion.
  14. X

Hello from KY

Welcome Joe i live in Louisville"s south end.:thumbsup:
  15. X

Meet, greet, and wheel in Kentucky

I live in Louisville KY. Keep me updated on the meet and greet it sounds fun.:thumbsup:
  16. X

Am I the only one who does this?

I'm a pretty calm driver and I do respect other Explorer's. I don't see many modified Ex's in Louisville KY.:thumbsup:
Back