Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. L

Coil spacers and lift coils

Thank you for your help
  2. L

Coil spacers and lift coils

Hey guys, I have an 89 ranger 4x4. It has 2" coil spacers, would I be able to run some lift coils on top of the spacer for some added height? Any issues with driveline angle etc..? Thanks guys
  3. L

No rear brake pressure

Ok cool thanks for your feedback I'm going to dig into it tomorrow and let u guys know the results
  4. L

No rear brake pressure

No brake warning light just a super firm pedal.. The front brakes work great
  5. L

No rear brake pressure

Hey guys I just got an 89 Ranger 4x4. It was cheap so I had to jump on it.. The only major issue is I have no rear brake pressure, just front. The wheel cylinders, drums and shoes have all been replaced today by me. Any suggestions??
  6. L

Tow Rigs

I know some of your trail rigs are not street legal and require a tow rig.. lets see some pics of the tow rigs! Here is my 1996 F-350, 7.3L Powerstroke 4x4 5 speed. Same year as my Explorer. It has 6" lift with 37's. Love this truck..it is also my daily
  7. L

oh ya know just another 2nd gen sas in the works

Thank you! The tires are gunna be 37x12.50R17
  8. L

alright folks i have been busy..but here it is here is how i did my front shackles Front Hanger Bye bye crunple zones :thumbsup: New plates welded in place Muuuch better! :D Stretched the front end..just gotta trim a bit 121.5 wheel base...
  9. L

SMORR 2013 final vote and pre registration

i have a Rubicon run june 18th-the 23'rd..it would be awesome if i count make it to an EF run this year..i vote July
  10. L

Slider Design Done - Thoughts?

i really like the look of those
  11. L

New engine plans

a crate motor would be the best but more expensive..if u get the rebuild kit and take the block to the machine shop it will be cheaper..but that is a bunch of time and labor
  12. L

Slider Design Done - Thoughts?

those look beefy!
  13. L

transmission has no power

maybe check to make sure u put in enugh fluid? did u check the fluid level with it idling in park?
  14. L

New engine plans

with 167,000 mi..just rebuild what u got or find an engine with less miles if u think that it has been abused all these years
  15. L

thanks for the input guys! hopefully i can work on this project soon..i have been busy..so im toying with the idea of doing a JP paint job on this rig..what do u guys think?
  16. L

those are 36's in the pic..im thinking about taking the BL off..the only reason its on there is so i could clear 33's when it was IFS
  17. L

haha ya! it is comming together! the tires on there now are 36x14.5..kinda thinking about leaving the body lift on..what do u guys think?
  18. L

How to: Front Sway Bar Disconnects

great post..its amazing how much of a difference it makes with flex when the sway bar is disconnected
  19. L

Getting the axle mocked up..
  20. L

ok so the SAS is officially underway! here are some pics Dana 60 is out Ready for the swap 9" is in.. here is new width..the tires that are on in the rear are 33x12.5's..im gunna run 35x12.5's Front is jacked up to match the rear. I did cut out a majority...
  21. L

so after much thought i am going to run an IFS toyota steering box so in the future i can run hydro..anyone running these boxes wanna put in some input?
  22. L

So i just pulled the beast out of the forest where it has been sitting for a few years..fired right up but i think it needs tranny fluid because it only moves when it hits 4 grand haha oh well the trans is comming out anyways..the original plan for this truck as dana 60's front and rear with...
  23. L

i have been reading Stic-o's thread like crazy..i saw that he modified those brackets but im going to be running the Wild Horses arms..do i have to modify stock brackets regardless or is there a stock bracket that i can get from James Duff or Wild Horses that will work for the explorer frame?
  24. L

so what do u guys recomend for radius arm brackets?
Back