2007 explorer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2007 explorer

1. M

2007 XLT Fan Speed Controller not working. Not Resistor or Switch

I have a 2007 XLT Explorer. My AC only works on fan settings 2 and 3 (1 and 4 basically turn off the air.) I've changed the blower motor resistor as well as the switch on the dashboard, neither of which solved the problem. 2 and 3 also work when I switch to any of the other settings on the right...
  2. V

Steady Airbag light on after aftermarket stereo install

My airbag light has been solid and on (no flickering) since my aftermarket stereo install 3 days ago. It still has not turned off. Any idea how to reset this light? I don't believe it's a faulty airbag simply because it happened right after swapping out the stock for an aftermarket radio. Is...
  3. 2

Windshield wipers won’t turn off!

I have a 2007 Ford Explorer. All of a sudden the windshield wipers won’t turn off. One shop said that they think it’s the multi function switch needs to be replaced (quote for new) they said like $469! Anyone ever had this issue? I got the fuse pulled out for now and plug it in when needed. Any...
  4. L

Opinion - Timing Chain Replacement (2007 4.0L)

I'm looking for an opinion on whether or not it's worth it to have one or all timing chains replaced on my 2007 Explorer 4.0 with 186k miles. Truck is in very good shape for it's age and mileage, and no indicators of tranny problems or anything else major. But I began hearing the typical...
  5. N

A Variety Of Concerning Sounds Coming From My Front End

Hey everyone, I just bought a 2007 Ford Explorer XLT, 4.0L V6, 4x4. When I purchased it a few days ago it test drove just fine other than a humming noise which the owner told me was due to a bad wheel bearing. 2 days ago I put a new wheel bearing and hub assembly in on the passenger side and...
  6. R

P0775 code after changing fluid and filter

I had to replace the radiator so since I lost some tranny fluid I decided to go ahead and change the tranny filter and fluid. The car just rolled over 200k miles. The fluid still looked red and did not look or smell burnt. It has been shifting just fine as far as I noticed up to this point. So I...
  7. N

07 Explorer: Power Driver Seat Stuck (Fuse?)

Appreciate any help; I've looked around ExplorerForum.com quite a bit but haven't solved my issue yet. Power driver's seat is stuck all the way in the forward position. Pressing the seat adjustment buttons does nothing (no grinding sounds or anything). It's just completely dead. Owner's...
  8. K

2007 Ford Explorer - never ending Check Engine Light loop...

Hi all, 2007 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer - about 116,000 miles on it. Honestly, it has treated me great - and I have also treated it great in return. Always up on the scheduled maintenance, and I've probably done more things to it that are not "needed" (depending on who you talk to) than most -...
  9. R

Greetings! 2007 XLT 4x4 V6 newbie here...

Hello, all! I'm happy to be part of this group! I've owned my Explorer for a couple of years now, and I think I want to start playing around a bit. Making it cool, and also fixing a couple of things that I inherited with it. My main modifications will be: Minor lift - probably 2.5" to 4"...
  10. M

2007 Explorer Radio doesn't recognize aux line input!

2007 Explorer 2007 Explorer Radio doesn't recognize aux line input!HELP<HELP<HELP When I plug my ipod/mp3 player into my aux line input on my 2007 Explorer I press the aux button on my radio and it says "no aux audio". I don't even get sat1 sat2. Don't know if my radio even has satellite. I...
  11. I

Leaking Coolant from rear of Explorer???

I can't figure this out. Can you? At the very rear of the vehicle on my 2007 Explorer on the driver's side there appear to be 2 coolant lines. It appears as they are both leaking. Has anyone had this happen to them? Why are they there in the first place? At first glance it appeared the...
  12. M

New to forum - 2007 Power point fuses

Hello, I have a 2007 Explorer. I bought it in trade for a 1999 Chevy 2500 pickup and 25' travel trailer. I've used it for car camping and toting my recumbent tricycle. I have tried to use the 12V plug in the back of the console for a small inverter to charge my phone. It worked at first, but...
Back