P0775 code after changing fluid and filter | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

P0775 code after changing fluid and filter

Reaction score
City, State
Trinity, Tx
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 Ford Explorer
I had to replace the radiator so since I lost some tranny fluid I decided to go ahead and change the tranny filter and fluid. The car just rolled over 200k miles. The fluid still looked red and did not look or smell burnt. It has been shifting just fine as far as I noticed up to this point. So I changed the fluid in the pan only as well as the filter and filled it back properly. Ended up putting exactly what I drained out back in. Used Mercon V like it said. My wife drove it around 250 miles before she pulled into a parking lot and the wrench light came on as she was parking. It is still shifting just seems like it's shifting late. It is not jerking or shuttering and I find it hard to believe that it's the servo's or the solenoids just all the sudden went out. Is it possible there is an air pocket or something I'm missing. Thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to this forum! Did you check the fluid level in the transmission? I wouldn't be surprised if you have servo bore wear with that many miles. You could try the aftermarket servos with O ring seals. Clear the code with a scanner then see if it reappears before you replace the servos.

Welcome to this forum! Did you check the fluid level in the transmission? I wouldn't be surprised if you have servo bore wear with that many miles. You could try the aftermarket servos with O ring seals. Clear the code with a scanner then see if it reappears before you replace the servos.
I checked the fluid level when I originally re-filled it. I had it warmed up and I did it properly so it should be the correct amount. Can a servo bore just go out without warning like this. It's been shifting just as it should then all the sudden the wrench light and later the check engine light and the late shifting. Is there a way to replace those servo bores without dropping the tranny.

I also just took it for a test drive since I was going off of what my wife was telling me. It will not go into over drive and there might be a hesitation from 1st to 2nd but that's it. Everything I have read says it can be either the servo bore or the solenoids. Got to be a way to eliminate one or the other and could name changing the fluid have caused this to happen or is my luck just that bad.

You don't have to touch the servo bores if you use the servos with O rings. The servos could be replaced while the transmission is in the vehicle. Try to clear the code first, then see if it reappears before you replace the servos.

You don't have to touch the servo bores if you use the servos with O rings. The servos could be replaced while the transmission is in the vehicle. Try to clear the code first, then see if it reappears before you replace the servos.
Yeah I cleared the code last night and took it for a drive and it still would shift into OD. The wrench light came on while driving it again but no codes.

Are you having it scanned with proper OEM software or using a code reader? P0775 is usually accompanied by a ratio code. Clean fluid in a high mileage trans can cause havoc. Washes out debris that was helping keep things sealed up. Good luck.

ok guys I just changed the servos with the new ones with the O-rings and adjusted he bands and the problem is still exactly the same. So what next if that's not the problem.

Are you having it scanned with proper OEM software or using a code reader? P0775 is usually accompanied by a ratio code. Clean fluid in a high mileage trans can cause havoc. Washes out debris that was helping keep things sealed up. Good luck.
I have a decent scanner. It's not just a code reader but I'm not an expert with it. What's the ratio code you speak of.

P0732/P0735. Second or fifth gear ratio error. When you adjusted the front band how far did the adjuster screw into the case before it tightened up?

P0732/P0735. Second or fifth gear ratio error. When you adjusted the front band how far did the adjuster screw into the case before it tightened up?
I adjusted them both and they both seemed to screw in about the same. They screwed in a little bit but not a lot and I did feel it tighten up so I'm assuming that means the band is not broken.
Also all my scanner reads is: P0775 pressure control Solenoid B CKT malfunction.

It might be an issue with the solenoid block or the internal wiring harness in the transmission. Check the bulkhead connector for corrosion.
I just took the solenoid block off and I'm going to attempt to check the solenoids resistance I believe is what it is. The bulkhead connector I believe is the one that connects to the solenoid if that's what your talking about it looks clean. Didn't notice any corrosion.

It might be an issue with the solenoid block or the internal wiring harness in the transmission. Check the bulkhead connector for corrosion.

Well I didn't have any luck figuring out how to check the solenoid pack since all the connectors are run into that main connector. Also when I originally changed the fluid and filter there was nothing on the magnet other than the normal super fine dust particles. Well when I just finished emptying my fluid out of the pan there are small what appear to be shaving or metal flakes. Very small but I can definitely tell they are metal. Could this be something broke loose from changing the servos or am I up a **** creek without a paddle.

When you replaced the servos did you use the servos with the small o rings machined on the servo shafts or did you use new stock servos with new servo cover o rings?

P0775 most of the time is related to a problem with the overdrive servos circuit, worn bores, cracked servo, broken band.

When you replaced the servos did you use the servos with the small o rings machined on the servo shafts or did you use new stock servos with new servo cover o rings?

P0775 most of the time is related to a problem with the overdrive servos circuit, worn bores, cracked servo, broken band.
I used the new servos with the small o rings machines on the servos. And I made sure to follow the instructions to the letter so I'm sure it was done right.

I was able to clean some of it up and there is metal shavings as well as brass.

15356688_10100721328489452_8080901928919553485_n.jpg

15350446_10100721735309182_5577209740366571720_n.jpg

That doesn't look good. Definitely have internal damage. Unfortunately when you change the fluid on high mileage transmission this is what gets washed out of crevices and then gets the valve body and electrical components jammed up. Good luck.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That doesn't look good. Definitely have internal damage. Unfortunately when you change the fluid on high mileage transmission this is what gets washed out of crevices and then gets the valve body and electrical components jammed up. Good luck.
That's the wrong answer man. Your supposed to be like oh that's ok it's no big deal. ☹️

Back