03 lincoln aviator | Page 32 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

03 lincoln aviator

Looks like pisss! Not that I would know what ppiss in a bottle looks like!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yep just got 11 gallons out and put 5 gallons in..uploading my tune again and gonna try to start it..

FINGERS CROSSED..WHAT A NIGHTMARE! !!

When i manually tested and the plug was still bad (not plugged in) i got 42 psi..with it plugged in and sat for a second ,after it primed i got 32psi by means of the Autel..

Vacuum lines is bone dry and yes both banks are drenched.View attachment 159465

Have you altered the programming for the fuel pressure? The returnless Fords run 62psi or so, the 32-42 is way too low.

I hope the new fuel helps. I've had my share of undriven cars and bad gas. Now I just use pure gas in those I drive very little. When I suspect the gas may be bad, I take the fuel filter off from just the back connection, bypass the pump relay, and pump out some gas.

Have you altered the programming for the fuel pressure? The returnless Fords run 62psi or so, the 32-42 is way too low.

I hope the new fuel helps. I've had my share of undriven cars and bad gas. Now I just use pure gas in those I drive very little. When I suspect the gas may be bad, I take the fuel filter off from just the back connection, bypass the pump relay, and pump out some gas.
I have not..avi specs are Koer (key on engine running) pressure is 28-45 and koeo (key on engine off) pressure is 35-45

Still a no go..still too much bad gas in the rail and injectors..im going to have to pull them tomorrow and clean them all out..the Schrader is right next to the feed on the rail..stupid should be on the other side at end of the rail so atleast empties the entire rail,not one side or inches of the feed

Has the tune been modified since the last time the engine ran normally before being rebuilt?
Yes but ive been trying to start it without the tune..only thing tune has is the downstream O2 off,egr off and speedo corrections

What about the engine displacement change from going to a stroker crank?

What about the engine displacement change from going to a stroker crank?
Well guess should've been little more specific ..it has shift firmness, shift timing,rpm red line,speedo,o2s off,egr off and displacement chages..no timing or fuel.

We wanted to wait for the vortech to be put on when injectors and maf change to mess with fuel/ timing..plus those will be done on dyno

How did you block off the EGR passages on the exhaust manifold and the intake?

Can you check engine cranking vacuum?
No crossed wires to coils? or injectors? No other connectors crossed or left off?
No animals or bananas in the tail pipe?

How did you block off the EGR passages on the exhaust manifold and the intake?
Yea put think was m22 in intake and think m20 in manifold..the pipe was in my way and a pia to put on and off so just got ride of it..makes a huge difference ,i can get to my cooling mod and the plugs on back of head and my tranny dipstick
Can you check engine cranking vacuum?
No crossed wires to coils? or injectors? No other connectors crossed or left off?
No animals or bananas in the tail pipe?

100% sure on connectors. .not so sure about the opd banna in tailpipe trick..haha

Im pretty certain once I clean the injectors in the fuel rail out with fresh gas it will start. It's definitely trying to start more now but appears really the driver side more than the passenger. Which the Schrader valve is on the driver side.ill know in next hour or so

Wishing you good luck !!!!!
May it start first try!

So after still getting bad gas outa the Schrader valve i decided id change the filter...ill let the video speak for itself. .im in process of pulling injectors now..never seen anything like this..i did confirm the gas coming outa the tank prefilter is clean gas..

20180530_183755.jpg

Still will not ****ing run..first persone with 4k takes it

I wish I knew anything else to look for, you and John and Dale seem to have covered it all.

Does it start at all, because plugs can be ruined when new with flooding. It's odd but possible. I know the flooding is the issue, but it may have to have new plugs after you stop it from flooding.

Can you test the spark with a cheap device that plugs into a plug wire? There's a couple of versions, few dollars, but handy sometimes to confirm spark.

Try something very simple. Disconnect all the injectors and crank to verify that it is the injectors flooding the cylinders and not fuel sneaking in somewhere else. I know it's stupid. But if it's stupid and works, it ain't too stupid...

It appears to be intermittent spark loss..going to try to swap the crank and cam sensors..if that dont work its the ecm

I just stopped by JD'S and took a look. He has fuel pulse, no injector leak down and motor sounds like it wants to start. What he doesn't have is consistant spark. I have a tool that you set on top of the coil and reads voltage and resistance and it seems inconsistent on all cylinders. When it does cough a few times I can see a coil fire. All coils have full power, it seems to be an intermittent signal coming from the computer possibly supplied by the crank sensor.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I've read that the PCM strategy attempts to keep the engine running when there is a loss of signal from the CKP sensor. It remembers the relative position of the last received signal. It may also assume a certain engine cranking speed and fire the plugs accordingly. Post 611 showed the fuel pressure varying while the engine was cranking. Did you have any display of the engine rpm? If it is erratic that could indicate a defective CKP sensor. As I recall the 2nd generation V8s will start and run (poorly) without a good camshaft position sensor but the SOHC V6 won't. Your 4.6L could also run without a CMP sensor but not without a CKP sensor. Except during cranking, the PCM should disable the fuel pump after a few seconds if there is no CKP signal..

Back