Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

06 Explorer A/C compressor cooling issue

Discussion in 'A/C & Heater systems - HVAC' started by se9303, March 18, 2018.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

1. se9303

se9303 New Member

City, State:
    Arlington, Texas
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    2006 Ford Explorer
    Hi guys,

The A/C on our 2006 Ford Explorer 4.0L has not been working (blows hot air) for some time now and when i took the vehicle in for a repair recently, i told the tech to check what the issue was with the A/C system. He told me it was the A/C suction hose line that had a leak. I could see a stain on the line and thus ordered and installed the line this morning. I figured this would be a matter of just adding some freon and done, but it still blows hot air. I used the typical freon can with a gauge and noticed that when filling up to a certain level you can hear the clutch engage but just for about a second and then it turns back off and follows this same pattern. If i remove a bit of freon the clutch does nothing. Is there a specific procedure i need to follow to add freon when replacing a part such as this line of the a/c system or is there something else going on?

Any feedback will be appreciated.

Regards,
    Mark

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.