• Register Today It's free!

1993 Explorer. Fuel system woes.

Jacobbrians731

Reaction score
City, State
Jackson, Tn
Year, Model & Trim Level
93 Ford Explorer Eddie Be
im new to the forum!!!!!!! i just recently lost power in my explorer, or it bogged down u could say. kinda of an on and off thing, so i repleced my fuel filter and had the cat convertor checked out. after doing that i drove a few hundred feet and the problem persisted. not that it really matters but i changed my oil, changed air filter, and used a bottle of b12 chemtool the day after i got it. drove it from memphis, tn to my home in jackson, tn which about 60 miles of interstate. any help would be appreciated, i believe i need to clean or get new injector(s). if not idk

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

check your fuel pressure, i just went though this with my 94 ranger. I changed the fuel filter, plugs, wires, coil and cleaned the MAF sensor and still this same thing. Until i checked my fuel pressure and i was getting 28 psi until i gave it gas and it dropped down to 22 psi. I swap fuel assemblies with my other truck and drove it and it seems to be gone now. fingers crossed :)

check your fuel pressure, i just went though this with my 94 ranger. I changed the fuel filter, plugs, wires, coil and cleaned the MAF sensor and still this same thing. Until i checked my fuel pressure and i was getting 28 psi until i gave it gas and it dropped down to 22 psi. I swap fuel assemblies with my other truck and drove it and it seems to be gone now. fingers crossed :)

what do you mean by fuel assembly , injectrs and rail or what?

#1 thing that needs to be done is the fuel pressure test.

Back