• Register Today It's free!

2" SkyJacker Suspension

Exploder Boy

Reaction score
City, State
West Des Moines, Iowa
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 XLT
Would i need new shocks, drive shaft, or anythig else new for a 2" lift on a 93?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Actually, if your shocks are old you might want to replace them, but most shocks can handle the 2 more inches of travel.

Why would i need an alignment? And, how big of tires do you think i can run after the lift?

Do you plan to use it much offroad? Do you disconnect the front sway bar while wheeling? If yes, you will need longer shocks and extended brakelines. You will also need an alignment. I put my skyjacker 2" lift on 2 months ago and I also put on new Rancho 5000 shocks and pro comp extended braided stainless steel brake lines. I havent had an alignment yet but I need to. My steering is awful and the camber needs to be adjusted. 31" tires would probably be the max with just the lift.

Been down this road myself.

You will need the 2 degree camber bushings.

Depending on the type/brand shock you have you may need longer ones or extensions...

Serious extension will break brake lines.... Nursed home on a leaking one.

My .02, save your money and do a 5.5. In the long run you'll be much happier..

Brakelines... i suppose check how much play ya got once ya get the lift on... if yer only onroad with that lift, then no, ya wont need new lines... if you go wheelin, just be careful... i wheeled with 4in of skyjacker lift (class II lift) w/ the stock lines and was fine... It's another one of those "depends on the vehicle things"
Pete

Originally posted by Exploder Boy
Would i need new shocks, drive shaft, or anythig else new for a 2" lift on a 93?
All you should need is an alignment, cause you don't get axle drop brackets so your tires will look like \ / after you put the new springs in.

Andy

Back