Shocks to buy for 2" Skyjacker lift? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Shocks to buy for 2" Skyjacker lift?

tgertz77

Reaction score
City, State
Monterey, California
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 XLT 4x4
I am purchasing a 2 inch skyjacker lift this friday... and when looking for shocks, I'm seeing them or 0-2 inches of lift, and 2-4 inches of lift.

My better judgement would assume that the 0-2 inches of lift would be for stock or shackle/spacer lifts... but SkyJacker's specs say that technically, its only a 1.5" lift for the rear.

So should I get the 2-4" shocks for the front and 0-2" for the rear? Or just 2-4" all around.

Also, would a steering stabalizer be a good investment? or is it more of a novelty thing for picky people who need everythign perfect?

i would think the 0-2" lift would be fine... isn't that how much lift you have?

stock shocks would also still work fine on a mild lift like 2"

You might want to put a stabalizer if you put larger tires on and you get a shimy in the front end. Some people put on a stabalizer thinking their fixing the problem, when in reality the front end needs to be checked out like lose rod ends, alignment and such.

Stock length shocks are fine. I run the skyjacker 2" and use stock in the rear and 2" lift shocks up front. The front shocks barely have any up-travel and if you keep the stock radius arms you still wont get too much downtravel to need longer shocks.

Back