• Register Today It's free!

2000 XLT V8 for my son

LXWXHT

Reaction score
City, State
Denton, Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 XLT 4X4 V6
I am looking at a 2000 XLT V8 4X2 for my son. Owner wants 4.8k, KBB says 3.8k. It has about 115k miles and is in decent shape. I have and will do the maintenance and modifiations to it. My question: In your opinion is 4.8k too much for a 4x2 in N.Texas? and what type of headers are you guys installing on this one? Is this something i should walk away from due to the history of this model?

I have had 2 explorers and 1 ranger. Not too hesitent to wrench one myself.

Any help would be appreciated!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The only headers available are Torque Monsters for a nice price of $600 - $700

I would show him the blue book, and talk him down.
But no one here, ever in their right mind would ever tell you NOT to buy an Explorer, that's preposterous.

Especially a 4x2 V8. That's as bulletproof as it gets! :thumbsup:

4x2 its like haveing a mustang you can put a wole bunch of **** in haha nice truck but i would offer him 3800 and if he dont take it tell him 4500cash he shouldnt walk away

A 2000? ask them what front end parts have been replaced. after 100000 you need parts. when the right front lower ball joint starts talking.(I think it's better to do them all once.) its going to cost.

The only headers available are Torque Monsters for a nice price of $600 - $700

Closer to $750 shipped to your door. It was $735 one year ago when I got mine.

$3800 seems a little low? But maybe its just because of where you are?
KBB said mine was worth like $4850 and I have 250k on mine.
I wish mine had 115k on it again. Thats just getting broken in.

The V8 is worth spending a little more money on I think.
But like JEast said make sure you get all the service history and stuff. So you know what ur getting into.

Medium sized body on frame and durable V8 SUV's are becoming a thing of the past which has increased their values. Cash for clunkers also helped raise the values by culling half the herd.

As mentioned that is the most bulletproof Exploder you can get and in decent shape is going to bring a decent buck. You can surely talk him down to 4 grand, unless it has new tires and recent ball joints. :)

Seems a little high to me, I paid $3500 for my 01 Eddie bauer 5.0L AWD and it is in mint condition.

Back