• Register Today It's free!

2004 ABS Light on...help

bedasi

Reaction score
City, State
NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Sport Trac
I have an 04 sport trac and the ABS light came on a month or so ago. I read that the rear sensor was the most likely culprit, so I replaced it. No luck. I'm now trying to check the front sensors, but can't find them. Can someone please help. I took the driver side tire off, but I don't see a sensor similar to the one on the back. Do I need to take anything else off?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hello and welcome!

The front sensors are completely different on 4x2's from 4x4's. Which is your?????

Where in NC are you?

2004 4x4 sport trac

Sorry...It's a 4x4. The rear sensor was easy enough and I'm hoping finding and fixing the front ones are simple as well.
I'm about a mile from the home depot on wendover and independence in Charlotte.
Thanks!

Nice to have another local Trac on here. I'm from Charlotte but left town in '79. I'll send you some info.

Mines done that to me twice. I ended up replacing the wheel hubs and wheel bearing to get the ABS light to go off

I also have a 2004 Spot Trac 4x4 and have just noticed in the last couple of days that my brakes became real "soft and spongey" (replaced the pads & rotors last month). Today on my way to work the ABS light came on. When I got to work I turned the truck off and then restarted it and the light was gone but the brakes are still "soft". Could this also be a sensor? If yes... can you give me some info. on how to replace this. I've never done anyhting with ABS parts.

Thanks!

Back